Wheatley Parish Council
MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF THE FINANCE & GENERAL PURPOSES COMMITTEE OF THE COUNCIL HELD ON MONDAY 16th APRIL 2012 IN THE PARISH OFFICE AT 7.30PM
PRESENT: Councillors: J Carr (Chairman), J Reilly, R Bell, S Coleridge, G Birks, J Anderson & R Old
OFFICER THE CLERK: Gareth Morris
Also Present: 2 members of the public.
MEMBERS HAD BEEN REMINDED BY MEANS OF THE AGENDA THAT IF THEY HAD AN INTEREST TO DECLARE IN ANY AGENDA ITEM, THEY SHOULD DO SO IN ADVANCE OF THE MEETING IN THE BOOK PROVIDED FOR THIS PURPOSE
1. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE had been received from Cllr Stacey
2. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST – None
3. MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING HELD 19th MARCH 2012 which had been circulated with the Agenda were signed as a correct and accurate record
4. UPDATE ON ITEMS FROM THE MINUTES 19TH MARCH 2012 – nothing to report
5. TO RECEIVE AN UPDATE ON PROGRESS ON THE PARISH COUNCIL’S BID TO THE OCC BIG SOCIETY FUND FOR YOUTH PROVISION IN THE VILLAGE
Cllrs Bell, Stacey and the clerk were meeting with representatives of Fusion the following day to receive Fusion’s response to the Parish Council’s draft service agreement. It was emphasised by the committee the need to keep to two evenings a week at the Youth Centre
6. TO PREPARE A REVIEW OF THE PARISH COUNCIL’S RESERVES AS PER THE INTERNAL AUDITOR’S REPORT 2010-2011
Agreed that the clerk would prepare a paper outlining the Parish Council’s spending plans in the future.
Items to include: Youth Centre costs, which would be ongoing year on year; pavement around the Roundhouse + new entrance into Church Road Recreation ground + crossing; refurbishment of ex toilet block land in the High Street; salt bins for the village; removal of sand pit from Cullum Road Recreation Ground + replacement equipment.
7. TO CONSIDER A REQUEST FROM THE DIAMOND JUBILEE COMMITTEE FOR USE OF CHURCH ROAD RECREATION GROUND ON SUNDAY 3RD JUNE 2012 – Due to possible objections from the police to the marquee being erected in Crown Square the Jubilee Committee was asking permission to erect it in Church Road Recreation Ground instead. – Agreed
8. TO CONSIDER AN OFFER BY OCC HIGHWAYS VIA COUNTY COUNCILLOR ANNE PURSE TO INSTALL BOLLARDS ALONG THE NORTH SIDE PAVEMENT ON CHURCH ROAD
The Clerk to arrange a site meeting with Keith Stenning of OCC Highways and the Arriva Bus Company
The resurfacing of Church Road between Holloway Road and Friday Lane is due to take place between 30th July and 24th August Noted
9. TO CONSIDER THE POSSIBILITY OF A FOOTWAY AROUND THE ROUNDHOUSE AT THE HOLLOWAY ROAD AND CHURCH ROAD JUNCTION
In a response to a request from Cllr Bell, Mr Shew had drawn up a draft plan for a pavement around the Roundhouse and a new entrance into the Recreation Ground just west of the Roundhouse. This had been sent to County Cllr Anne Purse who in turn had forwarded it on to the County Council Highways Department. It was agreed that the clerk should add to that request increasing the pavement westwards to the present entrance into the recreation ground and the possibility of a crossing across Church Road opposite the old Co-op building.
10. TO CONSIDER THE ELECTORAL REVIEW OF SOUTH OXFORDSHIRE
Preliminary stage – reduction in size of council by 12 Councillors (from 48 to 36) – ends 8th May
Agreed that the Parish Council should respond by saying that the status quo should be maintained.
‘Localism’ should not mean fewer local councillors and larger wards.
11. TO CONSIDER THE LETTER FROM Mr J DYKES RE HIS PROPOSED MIX DEVELOPMENT OF AFFORDABLE AND MARKET HOUSING ON HIS LAND AT LONDON ROAD
Agreed to defer any formal response until councillors had visited the site to check on the closeness of the pylons and sub station etc.
12. CLERK UPDATE
i) CCTV camera in the High Street – The Committee agreed that it still wanted the camera
ii) Vacancy on the Parish Council – No election had been called. The Council could now co-opt a councillor at it’s May Full Council meeting.
iii) Pavement resurfacing along High Street – This was due to have started after Easter. The Clerk had given permission for the contractors to keep there equipment on the land that was the toilet block.
iv) OALC Training – Planning – 11th July – £35 – Agreed
13. GRANTS, LICENCES AND SUBSCRIPTIONS
i) Information Commissioner’s Office – Registration 2012-2013 – £35.00 Agreed
ii) Oxfordshire Association of Local Councils (OALC) – Subscription 2012-2013 – £613.27 (+VAT) Agreed
iii) Oxfordshire Rural Community Council (ORCC) – Subscription 2012-2013 – £30.00 Agreed
iv) Wheatley Village Archive – Request for Grant Aid – (last year £1,000) Agreed
v) International Tree Foundation – Subscription 2012-2013 – £25.00 Agreed
14. FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT
a) Scrutiny of budget to March 2012 and signing of completed copy of reconciled bank statement by Chairman & RFO – Noted
After the cheques below have been paid the balances on the council’s accounts as at
16th April 2012 will be as follows: Community £2,808.77
15. SCHEDULE OF PAYMENTS AUTHORISED
|Cheque no.||Payee||Payment details||Amount|
|105481,2,4,5 & 8||GM/SW/JF/OCC/HMR&C||Mar sal/wages/pen/PAYE/NICs||3,704.60|
|d/d||Orange||Internet charge Mar||18.37|
|d/d||Barclays Bank||Interest and commission charges||54.22|
|Cheques to Pay|
|105489||Diamond Jubilee Party||Grant Aid||1,500.00|
|105490||Fusion Youth and Community||Grant Aid||250.00|
|105491||SODC||National non-domestic rates bill||1327.50|
|105495||LCR (Local Council Review)||2012-2013 subscription||15.50|
|105496||WPSFMC||1st Quarterly Payment 2012-2013||2,000.00|
|105497||J Watson||Wheatley newsletter – April/May||680.00|
|105500||International Tree Foundation||2012-2013 Subscription||25.00|
|105501||Wheatley Village Archive||Grant Aid||1,000.00|
|105502||Mr P Hood||Internal Audit 2011-2012||458.40|
|105503||Berinsfield C’nity Business||Verges cutting March 2012||567.66|
|105504||C Sprent||Delivery of newsletters 2011-12||35.22|
|d/d||BNP Paribas||Photocopier rental||399.94|
INCOME RECEIVED SINCE LAST MEETING
|Tracker Account interest||12.15|
16. PUBLICATIONS & CORRESPONDENCE RECEIVED AND NOTED
i) The Haseleys – Newsletter April 2012*
ii) Little Milton Newsletter April 2012*
iii) Great Milton Bulletin April 2012*
iv) Wheatley URC Newsletter – April 2012*
v) Holton, Waterperry & Waterstock News – April 2012*
vi) Thames Valley Police – Wheatley neighbourhood Team March 2012 newsletter*
vii) Tree News – Spring/Summer 2012*
viii) Oxfordshire Army Cadet force newsletter Winter 2011/12*
ix) Tiddington with Alberry and Milton Common Newsletter – April/May 2012*
x) CPRE – ‘Countryside Voice’ Spring 2012 & Members Guide 2012*
xi) Oxford Brookes University – Minutes of last residents meeting + List of Public Events for 2012
xii) E-mail from resident re a ‘Village Litter Pick – Agreed that the Clerk reply asking if the resident would be prepared to organise a Litter Pick.
xiii) E-mail from resident re ‘blind chicane’ in Littleworth – Agreed that the Clerk pass the e-mail on to the Highways Department and reply to the resident that this had been done
* On display in Parish Office
17. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – 21st May 2012 – to be confirmed