Wheatley Parish Council

MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF THE FINANCE & GENERAL PURPOSES COMMITTEE OF THE COUNCIL HELD ON MONDAY 17th DECEMBER 2012 IN THE PARISH OFFICE AT 7.30PM

PRESENT: Councillors: J Reilly (in the Chair), E Bailey, J Anderson & R Bell

OFFICER THE CLERK: Gareth Morris

MEMBERS HAD BEEN REMINDED BY MEANS OF THE AGENDA THAT IF THEY   HAD AN INTEREST TO DECLARE IN ANY AGENDA ITEM, THEY SHOULD DO SO IN ADVANCE OF THE MEETING IN THE BOOK PROVIDED FOR THIS PURPOSE

75.   APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE had been received from Cllrs Stacey, Carr, Birks, Old & Coleridge

76.   DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST – None

77.  MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING HELD 19th NOVEMBER 2012 which had been circulated previously were signed as a correct and accurate record

78.  UPDATE ON ITEMS FROM THE MINUTES 19th NOVEMBER 2012

(i) Minute 66(i) gully clearing – London Road gullies had now been cleared

(ii) Minute 66(ii) Footway around the Roundhouse – Keith Stenning had e-mailed saying that the work was scheduled for late January/early February. It was agreed that the quote from Mr Simon Shew (design of new access in to Church Road recreation Ground be taken at full council)

(iii) Minute 66(iv) – a quantity of ‘Floodsacs’ had been received and distribute, with a reserve stock in the Parish Office. It was Agreed that the clerk contact Mr Baldwin of Monson Engineering re the possibility of building up the wall at the entrance to the culvert at Ambrose Rise

(iv) Minute 66((v) – Cullum Road Sandpit. Cllr Bailey spoke to her tabled report by Nicole O’Donnell (Oxfordshire Playing Fields Association)on the meetings of the subgroup set up to look into the replacement of the Cullum Road sandpit

79. TO RECEIVE AN UPDATE ON PROGRESS ON THE PARISH COUNCIL’S PROJECT TO PROVIDE TWO EVENINGS YOUTH PROVISION AT THE YOUTH CENTRE

The committee noted that the Youth Café was now up and running.

The advisory group would be meeting at the beginning of January and be presenting a report to Full Council on 7th January

80.   TO CONSIDER A REVISED BUDGET FOR 2012-13 AND THE BUDGET 2013-2014

The revised 2012-13 budget and the draft budget for 2013-2014 had been circulated with the agenda.

It was AGREED to recommend the Revised and Draft Budgets to Full Council on 7th January, with and increase to £15,000 in the wages provision for the outdoor workers and that the precept remains at £104,609 (the same as for 2012-2013)

81.   CLERK UPDATE

i) Gate across Muddy Lane – Countryside team still to be contacted

ii) Request from a resident for a defibrillator in the village – the clerk to check with the Doctors surgery,  Park Sports Centre and Asda.

iii) Request from Siblings Nursery via OCC for bollards on London Road – the committee supports the

installation of barriers along that stretch of London Road

iv) Request to fell 4 trees at the western end of the allotments. – Granted

v) Meeting with representatives of Arriva re Church Road – Arriva had indicated a representative could attend a meeting in January. Agreed to arrange a meeting for Tuesday 15th January 2013 at either 3 or 4pm

82.  TO CONSIDER PRODUCING A COMMUNITY EMERGENCY PLAN

This item was deferred to a later meeting.

83.  GRANTS, LICENCES AND SUBSCRIPTIONS

i) Sue Ryder Care – Nettlebed Hospice (£25 in February 2011) – no information received as to the  number of Wheatley residents receiving care. No grant made

84. TO CONSIDER OCC’S MID TERM CONSULTATION ON BUS SERVICES 103 & 104

The committee believes that this service provides a valuable means of transport especially for those at the western end of the village

85.  FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT

a) Scrutiny of budget to end of November 2012 was undertaken & a completed copy of the reconciled bank statement by Chairman & RFO

b) Balances

After the cheques below have been paid the balances on the council’s accounts as at

17th December 2012  was follows:                                          Community       £2,009.16

Tracker             £118,417.19

Treasury           £60,410.64

86.                            SCHEDULE OF PAYMENTS TO BE AUTHORISED

Cheque no. Payee Payment details Amount
Cheques paid
105610-14 GM/SW/JO/OCC/HMR&C Nov sal/wages/pen/PAYE/NICs 3,418.73
105608 Fusion Youth & Community Quarterly payment for youth cafe 2,285.00
105609 South and Vale Carers Grant Aid 200.00
d/d Barclays Bank Bank Charges – Nov 24.40
d/d Orange Internet Nov 18.37
Total £5,946.50
Cheques to Pay
105615 J Watson Oct/Nov & Dec/Jan newsletters 1,360.00
105616 AB Ingram (The Tree Barn) Christmas Tree 183.00
105617 Parchment printers Dec/Jan newsletter 1,484.90
105618 The Merry Bells Rental 25/9 to 24/12 1,046.01
105618 The Merry Bells Increase in rental for 18/10-24/12 25.01
105618 The Merry Bells Hire of hall Nov & June 54.00
105619 Berinsfield Community Business Verges and recs – cut & collect 1,153.38
105620 Buryhook Countryside M’ment Trees and hedges 900.00
105621 Lyreco Ring binders for Youth Centre 51.60
105622 SODC Dog bins – 1/4 to 30/9 195.19
105623 The Post Office Stamps 192.00
GM/SW/JF/OCC/HMR&C Dec sal/wages/pen/PAYE/NICs 3,600.00
Total £10,245.09

INCOME RECEIVED SINCE LAST MEETING

Income details Amount
Newsletter Advertising 1030.00
VAT Refund 210.93
Allotments 20.00
Interest – Treasury Deposit 14.60
Interest – Tracker 13.11
Total £1,288.64

87.  PUBLICATIONS & CORRESPONDENCE RECEIVED and NOTED

i)        The Haseleys – December 2012*

ii)        Little Milton Newsletter October 2012*

iii)        Great Milton Bulletin October  2012*

iv)        Holton, Waterperry & Waterstock News – December 2012*

v)        Tiddington with Albury & Milton Common – December 2012/January 2012 newsletter*

vi)        URC Newsletter December 2012*

vii)        Shotover Preservation Society – Winter newsletter 2012*

viii)        TVP – Wheatley/Chalgrove Neighbourhood team December newsletter*

* On display in Parish Office

88.  DATE OF NEXT MEETING – 21st January 2013 – noted

The meeting closed at 9.50pm

Wheatley Parish Council

MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF THE FINANCE & GENERAL PURPOSES COMMITTEE OF THE COUNCIL HELD ON MONDAY 19th NOVEMBER 2012 IN THE PARISH OFFICE AT 7.30PM

PRESENT: Councillors: J Reilly (in the Chair), S Coleridge, E Bailey, R Old, J Carr, J Anderson & R Bell

OFFICER THE CLERK: Gareth Morris

MEMBERS HAD BEEN REMINDED BY MEANS OF THE AGENDA THAT IF THEY   HAD AN INTEREST TO DECLARE IN ANY AGENDA ITEM, THEY SHOULD DO SO IN ADVANCE OF THE MEETING IN THE BOOK PROVIDED FOR THIS PURPOSE

63.   APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE had been received from Cllrs Stacey and Birks

64.   DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST – None

65.  MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING HELD 15th OCTOBER 2012 which had been circulated previously were signed as a correct and accurate record.

66.  UPDATE ON ITEMS FROM THE MINUTES 15TH OCTOBER 2012

(i) Minute 37(iii) –gully clearing – The gullies on Ladder Hill and High Street had been cleared but not those along London Road. The clerk to chase this up

(ii) Minute 37(vi) – Footway around the Roundhouse. The cheque had still not been cashed and no start date had been set. It was Agreed to write to the Cabinet member for Highways expressing the Parish Council’s dissatisfaction in the delay to this scheme.

£750 had been sent to the County Council for 3 new grit bins for the village. It was hoped they would be installed in the next three weeks

(iii) Minute 37(v) – Request from Village Archives to use Parish Council wi-fi.  A dual router had now been installed so it would be possible for the Village Archives to access the internet separately from the Parish Council. It was Agreed to charge the Archives for the cost of the router and for them to use for a a trial period of 6 months.

(iv) Minute 53 – Flooding and maintenance of Ambrose Rise/Crown Road ditch – Kavan Ring had hand dug some of the ditch out but the land was to soft to employ a digger. 5 boxes of Aquasacs were being delivered to the Parish office later in the week

(v) Minute 54 – Cullum Road sandpit – The working party was to hold a further meeting later in the week to which a representative from OPFA had been invited

(vi) Minute 55 – New pedestrian access to Church Road Recreation Ground – The clerk had contacted Mr Simon Shew who had agreed to put forward a design

67. TO RECEIVE AN UPDATE ON PROGRESS ON THE PARISH COUNCIL’S PROJECT TO PROVIDE TWO EVENINGS YOUTH PROVISION AT THE YOUTH CENTRE

Issues over the insurance and key collection were being sorted out between Fusion and the Centre. The Clerk had seen the training qualifications and the CRB register for those who would be working at the Centre.

£980 worth of equipment had been purchased via a Parish Council cheque. A thank you to Asda was due because they had organised a system where by the Parish Council could purchase the goods, pay by cheque and be able to claim the VAT back.

The club was due to start on the Wednesday and then the following Sunday. Some councillors were still unhappy about the age group for both evenings being mixed. It was Agreed to ask the advisory group for a written report for the Parish Council meeting on 7th January.

It was Agreed to vary the order of the Agenda – To take item 6, 2013-14 Budget, after item 9

68.  CLERK UPDATE

i) Gate across Muddy Lane – the Clerk is still to contact the OCC Countryside Team.

ii) Signs for Memorial Gardens and ex toilet block land. Agreed to purchase 2 ‘Dogs must be kept on a  lead’ signs for the two gates into the Memorial Gardens and a ‘No Ball games’ sign for the ex toilet block land

iii) Request from Biffa for a location for recycling bins – Agreed that this should replace the concrete bin and pole mounted bin outside ‘The Cornfield Bakery

iv) LGBCE– recommended ward changes for South Oxfordshire – to be discussed at the next F& GP Meeting

69.  GRANTS, LICENCES AND SUBSCRIPTIONS

i) South and Vale Carers Centre – 5 carers supported in Wheatley (£150 granted in 2011-12)

AGREED £200

70.  TO RESPOND TO A RESIDENT’S REQUEST TO CONSIDER PURSUING ULTRA FAST BROADBAND IN THE VILLAGE PLUS CONSIDERATION OF OCC’S REQUEST TO NOMINATE A BROADBAND CHAMPION FOR THE AREA

It was Agreed to ask Mr Buchannan, the resident who had written to the Parish Council in the first instance, if he would be prepared to be the villages ’Broadband Champion’

71.   TO CONSIDER A REVISED BUDGET FOR 2012-13 AND THE BUDGET 2013-2014

i) To consider revised budget for 2012-13 and 2013-2014 budget

The clerk presented a revised budget for 2012 – 13.

At the moment the revised budget was lower than the original one for 2012-2013. The costs of the Youth centre would be looked at again and the grants (non 137) would be increased by £500

The clerk suggested that the outdoor workers’ rate should be considered for increase in light of the ‘living wage’ rate movement. (November 2009 was the last time the rate was increased)

The clerk presented a draft budget for 2013-2014.

This showed an increase of £3,000 over the previous year. The current precept could be kept at £104,619 for the next year by using £16,000 of the Parish Council’s reserves. A further £10,000 could be added to the Capital reserve for the new pavilion.

The next F&GP committee would make the recommendation on the budgets to the January meeting of the full council.

72.  FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT

a) The budget to end of October 2012 was scrutinised & a completed copy of reconciled bank statement was signed by the Chairman & RFO

b) Balances

After the cheques below have been paid the balances on the council’s accounts as at

19TH November 2012 will be as follows:                                   Community       £1,019.48

Tracker             £126,417.19

Treasury           £60,425.24

73.                            SCHEDULE OF PAYMENTS TO BE AUTHORISED

Cheque no. Payee Payment details Amount
Cheques paid
105592-97 GM/SW/JO/OCC/HMR&C Oct sal/wages/pen/PAYE/NICs 3194.27
d/d BNP Paribas Rental and admin fee 27.10.12 435.94
d/d Barclays Bank Bank Charges 13.09.12-14.10.12 40.72
105598 OCC Payment for grit bins 750.00
105599 ASDA Equipment etc for Youth Centre 987.87
Total £5,408.80
Cheques to Pay
105600 Swift Digital Services Photocopier usage18.07-17.10 182.90
105601 Berinsfield Community Business Verges October 2012 581.88
105602 Lyreco Stationary 71.42
105603 C Dalton Mileage to SODC 07.11.12 15.26
105604 Trinder and Son To fix office plug socket 50.00
105605 AON Insurance Extra for increase in Fid. Guar 83.26
105606 Clairelogic Computer check and router 199.20
105607 BT Telephone charges 164.58
GM/SW/JF/OCC/HMR&C Nov sal/wages/pen/PAYE/NICs 3,600.00
Total £4,948.50

INCOME RECEIVED SINCE LAST MEETING

Income details Amount
SODC precept 2nd instalment 52,304.50
OCC recharge – for verges 3,463.44
Newsletter Advertising 2,215.00
Allotments 30.00
Interest – Treasury Deposit 24.62
Interest – Tracker 13.11
Photocopying 3.60
Total £58,054.27

74.  PUBLICATIONS & CORRESPONDENCE RECEIVED AND NOTED

i)        The Haseleys – Newsletter November  2012*

ii)        Little Milton Newsletter November 2012*

iii)        Great Milton Bulletin November  2012*

iv)        Holton, Waterperry & Waterstock News – November  2012*

v)        URC Newsletter November  2012*

vi)        Oxfordshire Rural Community Council Annual review 2011/2012*

vii)        CPRE ‘Countryside Voice’ Winter 2012-11-05

viii)        TVP Wheatley/Chalgrove Neighbourhood Team November 2012 Newsletter

ix)        Clerk and Councils Direct – November 2012*

x)        CPRE Oxfordshire – Oxfordshire Voice – Autumn 2012*

* On display in Parish Office

75.  DATE OF NEXT MEETING – 17th December 2012 – Noted

Wheatley Parish Council

MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF THE PLANNING COMMITTEE OF THE COUNCIL HELD ON WEDNESDAY 12th DECEMBER 2012

PRESENT: Cllrs J Coveley(in the Chair), Willmott, Reilly and Lamont

OFFICER: The clerk

59.  APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE had been received from Cllrs Stacey, Knapp Dalton & Stephens,

60.  DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST – None

61.  MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING HELD 10TH OCTOBER 2012 which had been circulated previously were signed as a correct and accurate record

62.  UPDATE ON MEETING HELD ON 10th OCTOBER 2012

i) Minute 27(iv) – Horspath reservoir It was believed that the SODC Planning officer had requested Thames Water withdraw the application

ii) Minute 55 – SODC consultation on distribution of housing between the larger villages

The Parish Council had agreed the Planning Committee’s recommendations and the document had been sent to SODC

iii) Minute 57 – Town and Parish Forum. Cllr Lamont had attended on behalf of the Parish Council and would make a formal report at the January Council meeting

63.  AMENDMENTS TO PREVIOUS APPLICATIONS  – None

i) 12/S2017/HH (Householder) (Other) Amendment 6 Acremead Road. Demolition of existing   garage. Proposed replacement garage and rear extension.( As amended by plans received 10 October 2012) – Application granted 0n 30th October 2012

64.  NEW PLANNING APPLICATIONS

i) P12/S2649/HH (Householder)(other) 22 Old London Road. Remove dead and dying conifer hedges and existing fences at front and part of west side of property. Replace with high quality wood fencing. Replace existing front gate and posts with similar.- RECOMMEND APPROVAL

ii) P12/S2703/FUL & P12/S2704/LB Shotover House Shotover Estate Wheatley (In the parish of Forest Hill) Conversion of part of stable block to office use, alterations to dwellings and associated works. Conversion of outbuildings to two dwellings and associated works.

RECOMMEND APPROVAL. Add as a codicil add that road markings at the junction of the access road and Park Hill and along Park Hill should considered for vehicle safety.

65.  PLANNING DECISIONS AND NOTIFICATIONS – Noted

i) P12/S1622/HH (Householder) (Other) 49 London Road Side extension to provide new garage area, new ground floor room and

new master bedroom.- NO STRONG VIEWS – GRANTED 12.10.12

ii) P12/S1335/FUL (Minor) 84 Church Road Removal of existing redundant single storey workshop building and out buildings. Construction of two storey one bedroom dwelling – Recommend Refusal – GRANTED 07.11.12

iii) P12/S2156/FUL (Full Application) ( Minor) Asda Stores Ltd London Road The proposed works to provide a new footway link to and from the store from London Road has been requested by the Town Council and includes: – New footway construction within the existing verge. – New kerbing – New dropped crossings including tactile paving. – New carriageway construction to maintain the access to the sub-station.- Recommend Approval – GRANTED 09.11.12

iv) P12/S2184/HH(Householder)(Other) 23 Windmill Lane. Part two storey part first floor front extension, erection of front porch, raising of roof to include new rear dormers and construction of conservatory. (Re-submission of P11/W2408) Recommend Approval – GRANTED 15.11.12

v)  P12/S2017/HH (Householder) (Other) 6 Acremead Road. Demolition of existing garage. Proposed replacement garage and rear extension Recommend Refusal – GRANTED 30.10.12

vi) P12/S2042/FUL (Major) Oxford Brookes University Wheatley Campus – Application for the removal of condition 6 and variation of condition 12 of planning permission P11/W1227. Recommend Approval GRANTED 22.11.12

66.  CORRESPONDENCE – None

67 . DATE OF NEXT MEETING – Wednesday 9th January 2013 – NOTED

The meeting closed at 8.25pm