Wheatley Parish Council

 

 

 

MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF THE FINANCE & GENERAL PURPOSES COMMITTEE OF THE COUNCIL HELD ON MONDAY 23rd MARCH 2015 IN THE PARISH OFFICE AT 7.30PM

 

 

PRESENT: Councillors P Willmott (Chair), R Bell, J Carr, D Lamont, R J Reilly, R Old and S Coleridge,

 

OFFICER: THE CLERK: Gareth Morris

 

 

  1. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE had been received from Cllr Stephens.

 

 

  1. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST – none

  

 

  1. MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING HELD 15th FEBRUARY 2015 (Including Minutes of the confidential session) – which had been circulated previously were signed as a correct and accurate record

 

 

  1. UPDATE ON ITEMS FROM THE MINUTES 15th FEBRUARY 2015
  2.  i) Minute114(i) – New entrance in to Church Road Recreation ground – Halls Construction had been back to re-do the mortar on the top of the wall.

A 2nd resident had complained to the office that the new gate was not ‘child- proof’. The clerk had replied that the complaint would be reported to the council. The committee was not minded to alter the gate at this moment in time.

  1.     ii) Minute 114(ii) – Faculty for new bench in Memorial gardens – a new position, diagonally opposite to the existing bench was chosen. The clerk will check with the Diocese

    iii) Minute 114(iii) – Handrails at entrance of Memorial Gardens – the Clerk will contact Taylor Services for ideas

  1.     iv) Minute 114(iv) – Noticeboards for the village – the infrastructure fund will operate in the financial year 2015-16
  2.     v) Minute 114(v) – new bench by Ambrose Rise bus stop – Richard Taylor will install the new bench

    

  1. TO FORMULATE A VILLAGE EMERGENCY PLAN
  2.  i) To report on the progress on the plan – The clerk will contact Cllr Davies and ask if she is happy for the plan to go to committee and full council for approval.
  3.   ii) To report on the purchase of two defibrillators for the Holton Pavilions and the centre of the village – The Holton Pavilions one was up and running. The one for the front of the Merry Bells had been ordered.

       

 

  1. CLERK UPDATE    
  2.        i) Confirmation from SODC of the precept requested (£107,923) – noted
  3.      ii) Update of Information Booklet – noted

iii) Request from Fusion to use Church Road Recreation Ground St George’s Fun Day- GRANTED

  1.       iv) Land in front of the old toilet block – the clerk had been advised that the land may still belong to Pye’s of Kidlington. The clerk to check.
  2.      v) Changes due to Local Government Transparency Code 2014 – The clerk had been advised by the OALC newsletter that “ there are no confidential minutes for parish councils. All minutes are available for public inspection” – Noted
  3.      vi) BCB will keep charges unchanged for 2015-16 – noted

vii) Payment of 2015-2016 Council Tax.- it would not be possible to pay the council tax bill at the bank.The clerk would pay the bill at the Post Office

viii) Trees in the village

  • The cherry tree that the County Council had felled at the top of the Ambrose Rise stream had been diseased. It was AGREED that a replacement cherry tree should be purchased to replace it .
  • The clerk would ask Steve Wensley to cut back the trees on the short path from Farm Close Lane to Farm Close Road. The leaseholding company for the properties on Farm Close Road should be asked to cut the trees back.
  • Also the trees by the side of the footpath to Station Road should be cut back
  • Cllr Carr would ask SODC if it was possible for the Parish Council to have a garden waste brown bin..

 

 

  1.  GRANTS, LICENCES AND SUBSCRIPTIONS
  2. i) Fusion – St George’s Fun Day grant towards inflatables/climbing wall – (£250 last 2 years) (Non 137 section 145 LGA 1972) Will come out of 2015-2016 budget – AGREED £275

 

 

  1. TO AGREE THE FINAL TWO MEMBERS OF THE WHEATLEY PLAYING FIELD TRUST
  2.       i) Representative from Wheatley Park School – Mr S Pearson has been put forward – AGREED
  3.     ii) Representative from the Community – Mrs P Willmott has been put forward.

AGREED

 

  1. TO CONSIDER VARIOUS TRAFFIC MATTERS IN THE VILLAGE
  2.   i) Bell Lane corner – this was being altered this week.
  3.   ii) Vehicle Activated Devices – given the proposed development on London Road councillors wondered if they signs could be moved to other posts.

 

 

  1. FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT
  2. a) A completed copy of reconciled bank statement was signed by the Chairman & RFO

Budget to the end of February 2015 was presented and discussed

 

  1. b) Balances

After the cheques below have been paid the balances on the council’s accounts as at 16th February will be as follows:

Community     £2,017.96

Tracker         £104,929.56

Treasury           £60,680.08

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  1. SCHEDULE OF PAYMENTS AUTHORISED

 

Cheque no. Payee Payment details Amount
Cheques paid
d/d Barclays Bank Bank charges 13/01 to 12/02 37.46
d/d Siemens Photcopier lease 403.70
106109 Green Scythe Ltd Strim bank of Am’rse Rise Stream 321.60
106110 D Lamont Refreshments for meeting 9.45
106111 OALC Training Course 78.00
106112 The Post Office 2nd class stamps 106.00
106113 Sue Ryder Hospice Grant Aid 50.00
106114 Thame CAB Grant Aid – non 137 1,000.00
106115 OCC Bell Lane corner 6,056.39
106117-106122 GM/SW/JF/OCC/AR/HMR&C Feb/wages/pen/PAYE/NICs 3,678.37
Total £11,739.57
Cheques to Pay
106123 Sage Ltd Invoices 46.80
106124 D Lamont Travel to Crowmarsh Gifford 15.26
106125 Berinsfield Community Business Verges Feb payment 608.33
106126 Lyreco stationary 47.36
106127 The Merry Bells Hire of hall & coffee room 91.50
106128 Thames Water Memorial Gardens – 16/12-05/03 16.99
106129 SODC 2015-2016 council tax 1,416.00
GM/SW/JF/AR/OCC//HMR&C Feb sal/wages/pen/PAYE/NICs 4,000.00
Total                £6,242.24

 

 

 

INCOME RECEIVED SINCE LAST MEETING

 

Income details Amount
Newsletter Advertising 4,796.00
VAT Refund – Nov/Dec/Jan 5,676.60
WPSFMC – contribution to defibrillator 577.50
Newsletter Subscription 12.00
Total £10,786.10

 

 

 

  1. PUBLICATIONS & CORRESPONDENCE RECEIVED AND NOTED
  2. i) The Haseleys – March 2015*
  3. ii) Little Milton Newsletter –February 2015*
  • iii) Great Milton Bulletin – February 2015*
  1. iv) URC Newsletter March 2015*
  2. v) Holton, Waterperry & Waterstock News –February 2014*
  3. vi) Tiddington with Albury and Milton Common newsletter – Feb/March 2015
  • vii) Oxfordshire Rural Community Council – Policy Bulletin January 2015*
  • viii) Thames Valley Police – January Crime report*
  1. ix) Thames Valley Police – Neighbourhood Policing newsletter Feb 2015*
  2. x) Thank you for grant aid – Oxfordshire Association for the Blind
  3. xi) Thank you for grant aid – Thame CAB
  • xii) Open Space – Spring 2015*
  • xiii) Oxfordshire Playing Fields Association – Newsletter Winter 2015*
  • xiv) Letter from resident re 2015-2016 precept.- The clerk read out an e-mail from a resident complaining that the Parish Council had raised the precept

* On display in Parish Office

 

  1. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – 20th April 2015 – NOTED

 

 

  1. RESOLUTION TO EXCLUDE THE PUBLIC

Cllr Lamont proposed and Cllr Reilly seconded “that under Section 100A(4) of the Local Government Act 1972, the public be excluded on the grounds that it involves the likely disclosure of exempt information as defined in paragraph X of Part 1 of Schedule 12A to the Act, namely private contractual and employment matters2

AGREED nem con

 

 

  1. UPDATE ON PROGRESS OF THE PARISH COUNCIL’S VILLAGE GREEN APPLICATION

 

          A reply from the Parish Council’s solicitor had been received.

It was agreed that a further meeting with the Diocese would be welcomed

 

 

The meeting closed at 9.05pm

 

WHEATLEY PARISH COUNCIL

 

 

 

MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF THE TRAFFIC AND ROADS ADVISORY COMMITTEE (TRAC) OF THE PARISH COUNCIL HELD ON WEDNESDAY 18th FEBRUARY 2015 IN THE MERRY BELLS HALL AT 7.30 PM

 

 

PRESENT: Councillors: R J Reilly (Chairman), Carr, Dalton, Birks, Lamont, Stephens, Coveley and

                   Bell

 

Officer: The Clerk

 

Also present: Cty Cllr Ann Purse and 5 members of the public

 

 

  1. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE had been received from Cllrs Davies

 

 

  1. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST – None

 

 

  1. MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF 7th January 2015 – which had been circulated previously were signed as a correct and accurate record

 

 

  1. UPDATE ON MINUTES OF 27th January 2015
  2. i) Minute 50(i) – Footway around the Roundhouse and new entrance in to recreation ground – The double yellow lines around the corner had still not been re-instated
  3. ii) Minute 50(iii) – Land by old toilet block. OCC Highways had responded saying that it would not be possible to extend the corner because according to their definitive maps the extent of the public highway is only a footpath width.

The clerk reported that between 2006 and 2009 the Parish Council had attempted to take adverse possession of the land in front of the old toilet block.

At the Parish Council meeting of May 2009 a letter from Mr Barnatt (the Parish Council’s solicitor at the time) was read suggesting that before he sent the additional £190 cheque to the Land Registry the Parish Council might like to consider a recent not dissimilar case where the land Registry had refused adverse possession.

It had been agreed to discontinue our claim through Mr Barnatt and tell him not to send the £190 to the Land Registry.

It was AGREED that this matter be placed on the next F&GP Agenda

  • iii) Minute 58 – Disabled parking space outside the chemists – an e-mail from a resident, stating that a disabled parking space was not necessary as those displaying a disabled person badge could park on double yellow lines.

 

 

  1. TO CONSIDER THE COST AND LOCATION OF VEHICLE ACTIVATED SIGNS

The Finance and general Purposes Committee at its January meeting agreed to fund a fourth VAS to be located at the bottom of Ladder Hill (facing north).

It was Agreed that the signs on Ladder Hill should be attached to:

  1. i) The post at the top of Ladder Hill Northbound into the village. Number is obliterated but it is just before the downward incline and currently has our Police speeding area sign attached and
  2. ii) Bottom of Ladder Hill going south (Uphill) on post numbers 9 which is opposite the entrance to Howe Close.

 

 

  1. TO CONSIDER OXFORDSHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL’S CONSULTATION ON

             THE LOCAL TRANSPORT PLAN 4.

OCC has opened consultation on the draft of Connecting Oxfordshire, the new Local Transport Plan for Oxfordshire. You can access the consultation by following the links on the Connecting Oxfordshire web page: www.oxfordshire.gov.uk/connectingoxfordshire

 

The Connecting Oxfordshire policies and strategies are presented in several volumes. Their contents are outlined on the consultation web page, and are summarised briefly below:

 

  • Volume 1 describes the overarching policies and objectives for the development of transport in Oxfordshire until 2031
  • Volume 2.1 is the Oxford Transport Strategy
  • Volume 2.2 are area strategies for locations that we have identified as areas likely to be affected by growth as a result of the new Oxfordshire Strategic Economic Plan
  • Volume 3 is the Science Transit plan, which looks at how we can work with industry and researchers in Oxfordshire to develop new, future ideas for improving transport
  • Volume 4 contains our strategies for cycling, freight and bus transport across Oxfordshire.
  • Volume 5 is the Environmental Report containing an assessment of the potential environmental impact of implementing our proposed strategies.

 

It was AGREED that a review of the paths and cycle routes through the village should be reviewed. This to be placed on the next TRAC agenda.

 

 

  1. TO CONSIDER THE SAFETY CONCERNS FOR PEDESTRIANS AT THE PARK HILL/LONDON ROAD PEDESTRIAN CROSSINGS

Mr Francis had responded in January that Further to the site meeting in July 2014, a further meeting at the site took place in December 2014 which was attended by the developer’s consultants, a representative of Thames Valley Police, myself and Anthony Kirkwood to review safety at the site. No specific safety issues were identified at this meeting, the site has been closely monitored following the installation of the crossings and no injury accidents have been reported.

 

We appreciate the Parish Councils concerns and propose to install pedestrian crossing warning signs on the approaches to the crossing from both the London Road direction and Holton direction, these should be installed in the near future. We will continue to monitor the site but unfortunately we have no funding available for further measures at this time”.

 

The committee was disappointed with this response. Councillors were under the impression that they would be invited to this meeting and weren’t. The Parish Council should put pressure on the Highways to make sure that the signs promised were actually installed. The suggestions made re improving site lines should again be pressed for. Brookes University said that they would undertake a review of the scheme. The County should be asked if that review has taken place and if it hasn’t are they going to undertake it.

 

 

  1. PEDESTRIAN CROSSING AT JUNCTION OF STATION ROAD AND HIGH STREET.

               In his e-mail of January 2015 Mr Francis went on to say “Tony and I have also visited the proposed pedestrian crossing site in Station Road, we considered there to be significant site constraints which would make the installation of a crossing at this location extremely difficult, I have researched the personal injury accident history at this location and can confirm that there have been no such accidents within the last five years.”

                 The committee was again disappointed with the County Council’s response. It was agreed that a letter should be sent thanking them for their response but stating that the Parish Council does not accept their reasoning and they believe that this is a dangerous crossing point for pedestrians making their way to the Primary school and to the shops.

 

 

 

  1. TO REPORT ON PROGRESS IN THE ALTERATIONS TO THE BELL LANE/ STATION ROAD JUNCTION

       The F&GP committee had agreed the new price for the alterations to the corner. It would now cost £5,049.99 net of VAT.

The clerk had been assured by Mark Francis that a VAT receipt would sent when the Parish Council’s check was received and the money would not be lost should he work continue in to the next financial year.

 

 

  1. TO REPORT ON PROGRESS ON THE EXTENSION OF YELLOW LINES ON THE SOUTH SIDE OF CHURCH ROAD BETWEEN FRIDAY LANE AND HOLLOWAY ROAD.

       The clerk had spoken to Mark Francis (OCC Highways) and between them they had agreed that there would be three additional stretches of double yellow lines – one would be across the entrance to the Merry Bells car park and the remaining two would remove two car parking spaces. This would allow buses to pull in to the left to avoid oncoming traffic. Mr Francis was about to apply for Traffic Order.

 

 

  1. TO CONSIDER THE CLOSURE OF FRIDAY LANE FOR UP TO FIVE MONTHS

The closure of this road was causing a great deal of unrest amongst residents in the

east end of the village who lived along the diversion route and High Street traders

who had lost a substantial amount of trade. Councillors and residents had been pressing for better signage to warn motorists of the pedestrians along the stretch of Crown Road without a pavement and even to rescind the road closure. County Councillor Nimmo-Smith (Cabinet Member for Transport) and Mr Peter Ronald (OCC Highways Officer) had paid site visits in recent days to see for themselves.

 

 

  1. TO CONSIDER THE RECENT IMPLICATIONS OF THE ROAD WORKS ON LONDON ROAD (WEST)

       On Monday 9th Feb the traffic lights were moved to the junction of London Road and Holloway Road. These caused gridlock in Wheatley on Monday evening and again on the Tuesday morning with tailbacks on to the A40. The clerk contacted the Highways Department to report the matter. In the meantime Wheatley Park School reported that parents stuck on the A40 were letting their children out to walk to school

It is understood that OCC did send somebody out to investigate and the delays had not been as serious since. The work would be continuing for two more weeks or so.

 

 

  1. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – Wednesday 15th April 2015 – Noted

 

 

 

 

The meeting closed at 8.48pm

 

 

Wheatley Parish Council

MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF THE PLANNING COMMITTEE OF THE COUNCIL HELD IN THE PARISH OFFICE ON WEDNESDAY 11th March 2015
PRESENT: Cllrs J Coveley, C Dalton, A Davies, A Knapp, D Lamont,
G Stephens (Chairman)

OFFICER: The Assistant Clerk
72. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE – Cllr E Stacey
73. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST – None
74. MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING HELD ON 14th JANUARY 2015 which had been circulated previously were signed as a correct and accurate record
75. UPDATE ON MEETING HELD ON 14TH JANUARY 2015 – None
76. AMENDMENTS TO PREVIOUS APPLICATIONS – None
77. NEW PLANNING APPLICATIONS

i) P14/S3978/FUL 40 Hilary Way Variation of conditions 2 and 5 of planning
permission P11/W1023 so as to retain garage. No strong views.

ii) P15/S0185/HH(Householder) 22 Ladder Hill Erection of a two storey side and rear extension. (Revision to approved scheme P14/S2682/HH) No strong views. With reservation regarding the past history of surface water and drainage issues and concerns from the neighbour at No.18 about flooding.

iii) P15/S0321/FUL (Full) 19 Roman Road Two storey, two bedroom dwelling with parking space with access from Leyshon Road. SODC website comments from the Highway Officer were noted regarding conditions to be met for access and drainage; in particular the comments about splays. No strong views.

iv) P15/S0320/HH 19 Roman Road Two storey side extension. Front extension to enlarge kitchen and first floor bedroom. Enlarge entrance area. No strong views.

v) P15/S0139/HH 58 Crown Road Erection of single storey rear extension to provide enlarged dining room. Internal modification. Recommend Approval.

vi) P15/S0342/LDP Certificate of Lawful Development 37 Acremead Road Certificate of lawfulness for a proposed single storey side extension. Noted.

vii) P15/S0414/HH 52 Road Running Through Littleworth. Demolition of conservatory. Erection of single storey rear extension. SODC website comment from neighbours at No.42 noted. Recommend Approval.
.
viii) P15/S0240/HH 45 London Road.To convert a garage for habitable use. No strong views.

ix) P15/S0418/FUL 87A High Street Change of use from existing retail use (A1 use) to Sui Generis to allow a dog grooming parlour. SODC website comments noted from 87a coffee shop owner and neighbour at No.83. Recommend Refusal.
Reasons:
– Not suitable for change of use because of hygiene concerns as it will be situated next to catering premises
– Will exacerbate the difficult parking situation in the High Street and in particular there is concern about access to the neighbouring property.

x) P15/S0522/HH 6 Littleworth (in the parish of Wheatley) Single storey extension at the front. Recommend Approval.

xi) P15/S0533/LDE McKenna Plant Hire London Road Certificate of lawfulness of
existing use of the land referred to in Condition 3 of planning permission ref.
SO/N/795/79 and outlined in red on the plan referred to therein for the parking of motor vehicles and the storage of vehicles, plant, machinery, spares and materials. Noted.

xii) P15/S0577/FUL 21 Windmill Lane Demolition of existing dwelling and erection of new dwelling. No strong views.

xii) P15/S0603/FUL Land adjacent to 24 Westfield Road, New Dwelling Recommend Approval.
78. PLANNING DECISIONS AND NOTIFICATIONS – NOTED

i) P14/S3568/HH (Householder)(Other) 3 Orchard Close Front extension and porch and existing flat roof over garage to pitched roof. Recommend Approval
GRANTED 14.0.15

ii) P14/3797/HH (Householder) 1 Coopers Close Littleworth Conversion of garage to provide enlarged kitchen/dining room, utility roomand downstairs cloakroom Recommend Approval GRANTED 29.1.15

iii) P14/S3707/HH (Householder)(Other) 21 Windmill Lane Part demolition and
removal of roof, demolition of conservatory, part demolition of existing attached
garage. Raising of roof level, carport side extension and single storey flat roof garage side extension and internal and external alterations. Recommend Approval GRANTED 11.02.15

iv) P14/S4058/HH (Householder) 29 Roman Road Erection of a two storey and single storey
rear extension. Recommend Approval GRANTED 10.02.15

v) P14/S3863/HH (Householder) 2 Anson Close Demolition of existing garage, erection of side and rear extension, conversion of loft space and creation of rear dormer, inclusion of roof windows to front elevation (revised scheme of extant planning permission).Recommend Approval GRANTED 17.02.15

vi) P14/S4110/HH (Householder) 37 Roman Road Single storey infill & garage extension Recommend Approval GRANTED 23.02.15

79. CORRESPONDENCE – none

80. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – WEDNESDAY 8TH APRIL 2015 – NOTED

The Meeting closed at 8.30pm

To find out the  candidates who have been nominated for  Henley Parliamentary Constituency please click the following link:

http://www.southoxon.gov.uk/sites/default/files/SOPN%20Henley_0.pdf

 

To find out the  candidates who have been nominated for  Wheatley Ward of South Oxfordshire District Council please click the following link:

http://www.southoxon.gov.uk/sites/default/files/SOPNwheatley.pdf

 

To find out the  candidates who have been nominated for  Wheatley parish Council please click the following link and scroll down to Wheatley Parish Council:

http://www.southoxon.gov.uk/sites/default/files/SOPNParishContesedSouthOxford.pdf

 

 

All elections will take place on Thursday 7th May 7.00am to 10.00pm