There are fifteen Councillors serving on the Parish Council and the Clerk to the Council is Michelle Legg.
Who are they? Details of all your Councillors are available here.
What does the council do?
The council is the third tier of local government working for the benefit of the local community. It has some statutory duties and powers to enable it to carry out its work. Please refer to specific pages of this site for further details.
Wheatley Parish Council employs four part time employees (Clerk, Assistant Clerk and Outdoor Workers).
When does the council meet? The Parish Council meets every month on the first Monday (except when a Bank Holiday, then it is the second Monday), and there is no meeting in Aug.
Dates for all the meetings are available here.
The parish council has four other standing committees:
- Finance Committee – meetings are every two months, on the 3rd Monday of the month. Meetings will take place in February, April, June, August, October, December (on the third Monday).
- Open Spaces Committee – meetings are every two months, on the 3rd Monday. Meetings will take place in January, March, May, July, September and November (on the third Monday) to discuss the recreational areas and allotments.
- Planning Committee meets on the second Wednesday of each month to discuss planning applications within the village.
- Staffing Committee meet quarterly, meeting dates to be confirmed
There are also working/advisory groups covering the following topics:
- Flood Alleviation
- Holton Pavilions (meeting dates to be confirmed).
If you have a question or an issue you would like to raise we offer parish surgeries every Wednesday and Saturday from 09.30-11.30am. (exc. 2nd Saturday of the month)
Officers are available at other times please do contact us or contact any of your councillors.
The parish council produces a newsletter six times a year, which volunteers deliver to households in Wheatley and Holton.
District and County Councillors
Your South Oxford District Councillor is Cllr Toby Newman
Your Oxfordshire District Councillor is Cllr Kirsten Johnson
Councillors from South Oxfordshire District Council and Oxfordshire County Council offer a surgery every 2nd Saturday of the month from 0.30-11.30am in the Parish Office. (excluding August)