Home » Agendas » Parish Council Meeting 7th March 2016

Parish Council Meeting 7th March 2016

WHEATLEY PARISH COUNCIL

Councillors are summoned to a MEETING OF THE COUNCIL
on Monday 7th March 2016 in The Merry Bells Hall at 7.30pm
Signed:
Gareth Morris, Clerk to the Council, 1st March 2016
ANY MEMBER WITH AN INTEREST TO DECLARE IN ANY AGENDA ITEM IS REMINDED TO DO SO IN ADVANCE OF THE MEETING IN THE BOOK PROVIDED FOR THIS PURPOSE.
There will be an OPEN SESSION, at approximately 8.30 pm., including reports
from County & District Councillors, when questions may be taken from the floor

1. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE

2. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST – None

3. MINUTES of the extra ordinary meeting of the Parish Council meeting held on 3rd February 2016 circulated previously

4. UPDATE from the minutes of the Parish Council meeting held on Monday 4th January 2016
i) Minute 107 Parish Council’s application for a Village Green. The County Council has written acknowledging the Parish Council’s desire to withdraw its application. The county council is giving the public until 8th April to object to the withdrawal.

5. UPDATE from the extra ordinary meeting of the Parish Council meeting held on 3rd February 2016
To note that SODC had refused the application for registration as an asset of community value, citing insufficient information.

6. TO CONSIDER A ‘DAY OF ACTION’ BETWEEN THAMES VALLEY POLICE AND THE PARISH COUNCIL. (Inspector Harling TVP has been invited to speak)

7. TO RECEIVE THE MINUTES of the meetings of the Planning Committee held on:
i) Wednesday 13th January 2016 – circulated previously
ii) Wednesday 10th February 2016 – circulated previously

8. TO RECEIVE THE MINUTES of the meetings of the F&GP Committee held on:
i) Monday 18th January 2016– circulated previously
ii) Monday 15th February 2016 – circulated with this Agenda

9. TO NOTE THE DOCUMENT “BIAS IN DECISION MAKING” FROM THE DISTRICT COUNCILS’ MONITORING OFFICERS (circulated with this Agenda)

10. TO CO-OPT A PARISH COUNCILLOR TO REPLACE COUNCILLOR G BIRKS

11. TO CONSIDER MATTERS RELATING TO THE WHEATLEY PLAYING FIELD TRUST
i) to nominate a Parish Council trustee following the resignation of Cllr G Stephens.
ii) to receive a report on the situation regarding the draft lease between the Parish Council and the Playing Field Trust
iii) To consider the following resolution from Cllr T Davies and Cllr A Davies.
PROPOSALS to enable the WPC and WPFT to move forward to an agreement:
1. A lease is granted for 40 years (please note that this avoids a break clause).offering a minimum of 25 years at the time of any grant plus a lead in time to develop plans and strategies.
2. The grant made by the Wheatley Parish Council of £10,000 per annum is guaranteed for 5 years from the date of signing [1st April 2021] based on a schedule of immediate and short term repairs and replacements to be presented by the trustees. (Please note that this enables the Trust to complete emergency repairs and maintenance). After this date the grant is to be reviewed on an annual basis with the assumption that the Trust will be generating sufficient income from new sources enabling the grant to be phased out.
3. The rent of £ [suggest 10] per annum runs for 5 years from the date of signing [1st April 2021] after which it is to be reviewed and based on increases in line with inflation assuming the PC has no responsibility for any upkeep or building maintenance or renewal or any other financial obligation. (Please note that any financial obligation would be covered by a commensurate rent to cover costs and risk.)
4. The lease is to contain a clause that requires any new building or land to be used as collateral in a loan to be passed back to the full WPC for approval. Legal advice needed and suggest it is left to the lawyers to draft. The principle is to ensure the WPC is not being negligent in its responsibility.
5. The land can only be used for recreational and sporting purposes for the primary benefit of the residents of Wheatley as covenants on land
6. The lease holder is required to fully insure the property against all reasonable risks and to carry sufficient liability insurance as the WPC reasonably requires. (Advice needed – This may need to be a joint insurance in both names but paid for by Trust to ensure WPC is always the benefactor in cases of extreme loss or destruction.)
7. A sub-committee is appointed to agree mutually acceptable heads of terms with the trustees before further advising solicitors

12. TO REPORT PROGRESS ON HOUSING FOR THE EXCEPTION SITE NORTH OF LONDON ROAD

13. TO RECEIVE AN UPDATE ON THE NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN APPLICATION

14. TO CONSIDER THE USE OF THE MAPLE TREE CHILDREN’S CENTRE

15. TO DECIDE THE COMPOSITION OF THE TRAFFIC AND ROADS ADVISORY
COMMITTEE AND A DATE FOR ITS NEXT MEETING

16. REPORTS FROM OUTSIDE BODIES
i) The Merry Bells Management Committee
ii) The Howe Trust
iii) Thames Valley Police
iv) Wheatley Windmill Preservation Society
v) Flood Group meeting
vi) Neighbourhood Action Group

17. CALENDAR OF MEETINGS
i) Planning Committee – Wednesday 9th March 2016 2016 – 7.30pm
ii) F&GP Committee – Monday 21st March 2016- 7.30pm
iii) Planning Committee – Wednesday 13th April 2016 – 7.30pm
iv) F&GP Committee – Monday 18th April 2016
v) Annual parish Meeting – Wednesday 20th April 2016 – 7.30pm – Merry Bells Hall
vi) Parish Council Annual General Meeting – Monday 9th May 2016 – 7.30 pm

18. ITEMS FOR INFORMATION