WHEATLEY PARISH COUNCIL
Councillors are summoned to a meeting of the TRAFFIC & ROADS ADVISORY COMMITTEE OF THE COUNCIL (TRAC) on Wednesday 18th February 2015 in the Coffee Room, Merry Bells
Gareth Morris Clerk to Wheatley Parish Council 11th February 2015
ANY MEMBER WITH AN INTEREST TO DECLARE IN ANY AGENDA ITEM IS REMINDED TO DO SO IN ADVANCE OF THE MEETING IN THE BOOK PROVIDED FOR THIS PURPOSE
1. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
2. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
3. MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF 7th January 2015 – circulated previously
4. UPDATE ON MINUTES OF 27th January 2015
i) Minute 50(i) – Footway around the Roundhouse and new entrance in to recreation ground
ii) Minute 50(iii) – Land by old toilet block
iii) Minute 58 – Disabled parking space outside the chemists – e-mail from resident.
5. TO CONSIDER THE COST AND LOCATION OF VEHICLE ACTIVATED SIGNS
The Finance and general Purposes Committee at its January meeting agreed to fund a fourth VAS to be located at the bottom of Ladder Hill (facing north).
The committee needs to determine the exact location.
6. TO CONSIDER OXFORDSHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL’S CONSULTATION ON
THE LOCAL TRANSPORT PLAN 4.
OCC has opened consultation on the draft of Connecting Oxfordshire, the new Local Transport Plan for Oxfordshire. You can access the consultation by following the links on the Connecting Oxfordshire web page: www.oxfordshire.gov.uk/connectingoxfordshire
The Connecting Oxfordshire policies and strategies are presented in several volumes. Their contents are outlined on the consultation web page, and are summarised briefly below:
– Volume 1 describes the overarching policies and objectives for the development of transport in Oxfordshire until 2031
– Volume 2.1 is the Oxford Transport Strategy
– Volume 2.2 are area strategies for locations that we have identified as areas likely to be affected by growth as a result of the new Oxfordshire Strategic Economic Plan
– Volume 3 is the Science Transit plan, which looks at how we can work with industry and researchers in Oxfordshire to develop new, future ideas for improving transport
– Volume 4 contains our strategies for cycling, freight and bus transport across Oxfordshire.
– Volume 5 is the Environmental Report containing an assessment of the potential environmental impact of implementing our proposed strategies.
7. TO CONSIDER THE SAFETY CONCERNS FOR PEDESTRIANS AT THE PARK HILL/LONDON ROAD PEDESTRIAN CROSSINGS – To note the response from OCC Highways
8. PEDESTRIAN CROSSING AT JUNCTION OF STATION ROAD AND HIGH STREET. To note the response of OCC Highways.
8. TO REPORT ON PROGRESS IN THE ALTERATIONS TO THE BELL LANE/ STATION ROAD JUNCTION
9. TO REPORT ON PROGRESS ON THE EXTENSION OF YELLOW LINES ON SOUTH SIDE OF CHURCH ROAD BETWEEN FRIDAY LANE AND HOLLOWAY ROAD.
10. TO CONSIDER THE CLOSURE OF FRIDAY LANE FOR UP TO FIVE MONTHS
11. TO CONSIDER THE RECENT IMPLICATIONS OF THE ROAD WORKS ON LONDON ROAD (WEST)
12. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – to be decided