WHEATLEY PARISH COUNCIL
Councillors are summoned to a meeting of the TRAFFIC & ROADS ADVISORY COMMITTEE OF THE COUNCIL (TRAC) on Wednesday 7th January 2015 in the Coffee Room, Merry Bells
Gareth Morris Clerk to Wheatley Parish Council 29th December 2014
ANY MEMBER WITH AN INTEREST TO DECLARE IN ANY AGENDA ITEM IS REMINDED TO DO SO IN ADVANCE OF THE MEETING IN THE BOOK PROVIDED FOR THIS PURPOSE
1. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
2. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
3. MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF 27th November 2014 – circulated previously
4. UPDATE ON MINUTES OF 27th November 2014
i) Minute 24(i) – Footway around the Roundhouse and new entrance in to recreation ground
ii) Minute 24 (ii) – Vehicle speed and Volume measurement (See enclosed papers)
iii) Minute 15(iv) – Land by old toilet block
5. TO CONSIDER THE PROBLEM OF SPEEDING VEHICLES IN THE VILLAGE
Location and cost of Vehicle Activated Signs
The following locations have been suggested:
1) The post at the top of Ladder Hill Northbound into the village. Number is obliterated but it is just before the downward incline and currently has our Police speeding area sign attached.
2) Bottom of ladder hill going south (Uphill) either one of two posts numbers 9 & 10 which are opposite the entrance to Howe Close . Both these would require vegetation to be cut back. Number 9 is probably best because there is another sign just in front of No 10.
3) London Road east bound No 3 which is opposite the end of St Mary’s close
4) London Road westbound from Asda, No 36 which is located outside wheatley car centre
6. PEDESTRIAN CROSSING AT JUNCTION OF STATION ROAD AND HIGH STREET.
7. TO CONSIDER THE SAFETY CONCERNS FOR PEDESTRIANS AT THE PARK HILL/LONDON ROAD PEDESTRIAN CROSSINGS
8. TO REPORT ON PROGRESS IN THE ALTERATIONS TO THE BELL LANE/ STATION ROAD JUNCTION
9. TO REPORT ON PROGRESS ON THE EXTENSION OF YELLOW LINES ON SOUTH SIDE OF CHURCH ROAD BETWEEN FRIDAY LANE AND HOLLOWAY ROAD.
10. TO NOTE THE CLOSURE OF FRIDAY LANE FOR UP TO FIVE MONTHS
11. TO CONSIDER REQUESTING DROPPED KERBS AT THE TRIANGLE JUNCTION
12. REQUEST FOR DISABLED PARKING OUTSIDE THE CHEMIST
12. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – to be decided