WHEATLEY PARISH COUNCIL
Councillors are summoned to a meeting of the TRAFFIC & ROADS ADVISORY COMMITTEE OF THE COUNCIL (TRAC) on Wednesday 26TH November 2014 in the Parish Council Office at 7.30 PM
Gareth Morris Clerk to Wheatley Parish Council 21st November 2014
ANY MEMBER WITH AN INTEREST TO DECLARE IN ANY AGENDA ITEM IS REMINDED TO DO SO IN ADVANCE OF THE MEETING IN THE BOOK PROVIDED FOR THIS PURPOSE
1. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
- 2. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
- 3. MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF 15th OCTOBER 2014 – circulated previously
- 4. UPDATE ON MINUTES OF 15TH OCTOBER 2014
i) Minute 24(i) – Footway around the Roundhouse and new entrance in to recreation ground
ii) Minute 24 (ii) – Vehicle speed and Volume measurement (See enclosed papers)
iii) Minute 15(iv) – Land by old toilet block
iv) Minute 31 – correspondence with High Street resident re collision with property by a HGV
5. TO CONSIDER THE PROBLEM OF SPEEDING VEHICLES IN THE VILLAGE
Location and cost of Vehicle Activated Signs
The following locations have been suggested:
1) The post at the top of Ladder Hill Northbound into the village. Number is obliterated but it is just before the downward incline and currently has our Police speeding area sign attached.
2) Bottom of ladder hill going south (Uphill) either one of two posts numbers 9 & 10 which are opposite the entrance to Howe Close . Both these would require vegetation to be cut back. Number 9 is probably best because there is another sign just in front of No 10.
3) London Road east bound No 3 which is opposite the end of St Mary’s close
4) London Road westbound from Asda, No 36 which is located outside wheatley car centre
6. PEDESTRIAN CROSSING AT JUNCTION OF STATION ROAD AND HIGH STREET.
7. TO CONSIDER THE SAFETY CONCERNS FOR PEDESTRIANS AT THE PARK HILL/LONDON ROAD PEDESTRIAN CROSSINGS
8. TO REPORT ON PROGRESS IN THE ALTERATIONS TO THE BELL LANE/ STATION ROAD JUNCTION
9. TO REPORT ON PROGRESS ON THE EXTENSION OF YELLOW LINES ON SOUTH SIDE OF CHURCH ROAD BETWEEN FRIDAY LANE AND HOLLOWAY ROAD.
10. TO CONSIDER REQUESTING A DISABLED PARKING SPACE OUTSIDE THE CO-OP PHARMACY ON THE HIGH STREET
11. TO CONSIDER CORRESPONDENCE ON BEHALF OF A HIGH STREET RESIDENT RE DAMAGE TO PROPERTY CAUSED BY VEHICLES TURNING RIGHT INTO THE HIGH STREET FROM STATION ROAD
12. TO REPORT ON TRAFFIC VOLUME COUNT TAKING PLACE ACROSS THE VILLAGE
OCC be carrying out the below traffic surveys on Wednesday 26th November 2014 from 7.00am to 7.00pm:-
Church Road/London Road Junction O/S Kings Arms Public House
London Road/Holloway Road Junction near Health Centre
Church Road/Holloway Road Junction near Recreation Ground
Ladder Hill South of Farm Close Road
13. TO CONSIDER ACTION ON WEIGHT RESTRICTION VIOLATIONS AS SUGGESTED BY OCC TRADING STANDARDS.
12. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – to be decided