WHEATLEY PARISH COUNCIL
MINUTES OF THE EXTRA ORDINARY MEETING OF THE COUNCIL
HELD ON MONDAY 17TH JUNE 2013 IN THE MERRY BELLS AT 8.00PM
PRESENT: Councillors: E.M. Stacey (Chairman), J. M. Carr, C .M. Dalton R. T .Bell, P Willmott, S Coleridge, J Coveley, J Anderson, G Birks & G Stephens
OFFICER: Gareth Morris Clerk to the Parish Council
26. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE had been received from Cllrs Reilly, Lamont, Old, Bailey and Knapp
27. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST – None
28. MINUTES OF THE AGM AND ORDINARY MEETING HELD 0N 13TH MAY2013 which had been circulated with the Agenda were signed as a correct and accurate record after Cllr Anderson’s initial had been changed from ‘G’ to ‘J’ in minute 7(iii)
29. TO RECEIVE THE FINAL ACOUNTS FOR THE FINANCIAL YEAR 2012-2013
i) The final accounts for the financial year 2012-2013 had been circulated. The clerk
reported that Mr Hood, the Internal Auditor had visited the council in the afternoon and he was satisfied that all accounts and systems were in order. The council was then taken through the notes to the accounts, the income and expenditure account and the balance sheet.
Following questions from Councillors , Cllr Stephens proposed and Councillor Coveley seconded that the final accounts be approved and received. AGREED unanimously
ii) SECTIONS 1 (Statement of Accounts) and SECTION 2 (Annual Governance Statement) OF THE ANNUAL RETURN FOR THE FINANCIAL YEAR 2012 -2013 had been circulated with the Agenda.
The Internal Auditor had completed Section 3 that afternoon with no adverse comments.
It was AGREED unanimously that Section 1 of the Annual Return be approved and signed by the Chairman and following the agreement of the responses to Section 2, that that section be approved and signed
5. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – MONDAY 1st July 2013 – NOTED
The meeting closed at 8.25pm