Wheatley Parish Council
MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF THE FINANCE & GENERAL PURPOSES COMMITTEE OF THE COUNCIL HELD ON MONDAY 18th July 2011 IN THE MERRY BELLS HALL AT 7.30PM
PRESENT: Councillors: J Carr (Chairman), G Birks , E Stacey, R Old, J Reilly, R Bell, & S Coleridge
OFFICER THE CLERK: Gareth Morris
MEMBERS HAD BEEN REMINDED BY MEANS OF THE AGENDA THAT IF THEY HAD AN INTEREST TO DECLARE IN ANY AGENDA ITEM, THEY SHOULD DO SO IN ADVANCE OF THE MEETING IN THE BOOK PROVIDED FOR THIS PURPOSE
In the absence of Cllr Fyffe, the Chairman of the Committee, Cllr Carr, the Vice-chairman, took the Chair
37. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE had been received from Cllr Fyffe
38 . DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST – None
39. MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING – 27th June 2011 which had been circulated previously were signed as a correct and accurate record
40. MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES 27th June 2011 – none
41. TO CONSIDER THE REPORT OF THE INTERNAL AUDITOR, MR P HOOD ON THE FINAL ACCOUNTS FOR THE FINANCIAL YEAR 2010-2011
The Internal Auditor’s report had been distributed at the last full council meeting. The committee went through the recommendations and noted that a number of them had already been included in the final accounts or would be. The report would be presented to the next full council for approval.
42. TO REPORT PROGRESS RE REFURBISHMENT OF CULLUM ROAD RECREATION GROUND
The clerk reported that the young people responsible for the graffiti had cleaned it off.
He reported that he was dealing with the replacement of the safety surface under the swings. The manufacturers/installers, following a site meeting had not accepted responsibility for a failure in the surface. This was subject to an ongoing insurance claim.
So far there had been no success in employing a gardener to look after the planted areas.
It was Agreed that the clerk should investigate the possibility of putting a locked tap in the recreation
43. TO CONSIDER THE PROPOSED YOUTH SHELTER IN CHURCH ROAD RECREATION GROUND
The Clerk reported on a site meeting he had held with Lesley Nesbit (TVP Crime Reduction Advisor).
She advised that the shelter should be on the left as you enter the recreation ground. She also gave other advice re cutting back foliage and on how anti-social behaviour could be tackled if it arises after installation.
Cllr Reilly reported that he had tried to contact a year head at Wheatley Park School.
The clerk would draft a letter to send to near-by residents and circulate it to committee members.
44. TO CONSIDER THE FOLLOWING OXFORDSHIRE COUNCIL CONSULTATIONS:
i) Library Service Public Consultation – 27th May – 30 September http://www.oxfordshire.gov.uk/wps/portal/publicsite/councilservices/libraryserviceconsultation
The proposal is that Wheatley Library will be a ‘community plus library’ which two thirds paid staff and one third volunteers.- Noted
To be placed on the Agenda of the next full council
45. TO RECEIVE AN UPDATE ON PROGRESS ON THE PARISH COUNCIL’S BID TO THE OCC BIG SOCIETY FUND FOR YOUTH PROVISION IN THE VILLAGE
Cllr Stacey is to fill the form for the Parish Council’s bid
46. TO CONSIDER A REQUEST FROM THE MERRY BELLS MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE TO PROVIDE A SEAT OUTSIDE THE MERRY BELLS HALL
The Committee Agreed to fund the cost of a seat outside the Merry Bells on which the two plaques in recognition of their service as Parish Councillors (Cllrs P Audley-Miller and F Anson) could be reinstated.
47. TO START PLANNING FOR THE FINANCING OF THE NEW PAVILION DEVELOPMENT ON THE PARISH COUNCIL’S LAND – deferred to next Parish Council meeting
48. TO AGREE TO SIGN A TENANCY AGREEMENT FOR A STORAGE FACILITY AT Wheatley BUSINESS CENTRE FOR £130 PER MONTH.
Proposed by Cllr Bell and Seconded by Cllr Old and Agreed
49. TO DECIDE A RESPONSE TO THE SODC CONSULTATION DOCUMENT “ ADDENDUM OF CHANGES TO THE SOUTH OXFORDSHIRE CORE STRATEGY” Closes 19th August
The change affecting Wheatley increases in the supply of homes from the larger villages from 740 to 1,154 – NOTED – To be placed on next Parish Council Agenda
49. CLERK UPDATE
i) To arrange a village ‘walkabout’ by councillors – The Clerk to send possible dates to Councillors
50. GRANTS, LICENCES AND SUBSCRIPTIONS – NONE
51. FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT
a) The budget to June 2011 was circulated and explained. Overall expenditure was in line with what was to be expected at this point in the financial year. The increase in the insurance premium was due the new equipment in Cullum Road Recreation Area. A completed copy of reconciled bank statement was signed by the Chairman & RFO
After the cheques below have been paid the balances on the council’s accounts as at
18th July 2011 will be as follows: Community £2,335.79
SCHEDULE OF PAYMENTS AUTHORISED
|Cheque no.||Payee||Payment details||Amount|
|Cheques to Pay|
|105350||Arrow Accounting||Internal Audit||618.00|
|105351||Southern Electric||Electricity April-July 2011||69.12|
|105352||Trinder and Son||PAT testing||80.00|
|d/d||Orange||Internet June 2011||18.73|
An additional payment was Agreed for £965.58 to Berinsfield Community Business for cutting of the grass on the verges and in the recreation areas etc.
INCOME RECEIVED SINCE LAST MEETING
|Interest – Tracker a/c||10.56|
52. PUBLICATIONS & CORRESPONDENCE RECEIVED – Noted
i) The Haseleys – Newsletter July 2011*
ii) Little Milton Newsletter July 2011*
iii) Great Milton Bulletin June 2011*
iv) Wheatley URC Newsletter July 2011
v) TVP – Wheatley Area Neighbourhood Team July 2011 Newsletter*
vi) Holton, Waterperry & Waterstock News July 2011*
vii) E-mail from resident requesting notices to dog owners in Memorial Gardens
The Clerk to arrange for signs to be placed at both entrances.
* On display in Parish Office ** Action needed
53. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – 19th September 2011 – Noted
54. RESOLUTION TO EXCLUDE THE PUBLIC
Cllr Reilly proposed and Cllr carr seconded that:
“Under Section 100A(4) of the Local Government Act 1972, the public be excluded on the grounds that it involves the likely disclosure of exempt information as defined in paragraph X of Part 1 of Schedule 12A to the Act, namely private contractual and employment matters”
Agreed nem con