WHEATLEY PARISH COUNCIL
MINUTES OF THE ORDINARY MEETING OF THE PARISH COUNCIL
HELD ON MONDAY 1st NOVEMBER 2010 IN THE MERRY BELLS AT 7.30 pm
PRESENT: Councillors: R J Reilly (Chairman), G. Birks, R. T .Bell, C Sprent,
N Messenger, S Coleridge, C Dalton (until 9.57), M Fyffe, P Willmott, J Coveley, P Devlin, & R Old
OFFICER: Gareth Morris, Clerk to the Parish Council
ALSO PRESENT: County Councillor Anne Purse and 1 member of the public
65. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE had been received from Cllrs Carr & Stacey
66. MINUTES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD ON 6th SEPTEMBER 2010 which had been circulated with the Agenda, to replace the ones tabled at the meeting of 18th October were signed as a correct and accurate record with the following amendments:
i) Minute 50 – change the ‘b)’ before ‘Minute 39’ to ‘c)’
ii) Minute 53 – third bullet point – change ‘priories’ to ‘priorities’
iii) Minute 53 – add a 4th bullet point to read ‘the review would be publicised in the newsletter and on the parish Council’s website’
iv) Open Forum – County Councillor Anne Purse’s report, third line, change ‘of’ to ‘off’
67. MINUTES OF THE EXTRA ORDINARY PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD ON 18TH OCTOBER 2010 which had been circulated with the Agenda were signed as a correct and accurate record.
68. MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD ON 6TH SEPTEMBER 2010
a) Minute 50b – Traffic measures on Ladder Hill. The Clerk reported that Thames Valley Police do not have a scheme whereby residents can be trained to us speed guns
69. MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES OF THE EXTRA ORDINARY PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD ON 18TH OCTOBER 2010
The response had been sent to OCC.
The clerk read out a copy of an e-mail sent by County Councillor Anne Purse, as Wheatley’s County Councillor, to SODC, saying that she did ‘not think Wheatley should be targeted for any housing apart from low cost affordable housing for local people or for housing for very special purposes’.
70. THE MINUTES of the meetings of the Planning Committee held on Wednesday 15th September, & Wednesday 13th October, which had been circulated previously, were Received
71. THE MINUTES of the meetings of the F&GP Committee meeting held on
Monday 27th September 2010 and Monday 18th October, circulated with the Agenda were Received
72. TO APPROVE AND ACCEPT THE ANNUAL STATEMENT OF ACCOUNTS 2009-2010 FOLLOWING THE COMPLETION OF THE EXTERNAL, NOTING THAT THERE WERE NO MATTERS REQUIRED THE ISSUING OF A ‘SEPARATE ADDITIONAL ISSUES ARISING REPORT’
Cllr Bell proposed and Cllr Dalton seconded that the Annual Return 2009-2010 be approved and accepted. Agreed unanimously
73. TO RESPOND TO OXFORDSHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL’S AREA REVIEW OF SUBSIDIZED BUS SERVICES, WHEATLEY, THAME AND WATLINGTON
Agreed to keep the bus services as they are as a very minimum.
74. TO RESPOND TO OXFORDSHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL LOCAL TRANSPORT PLAN 3 – CONSULTATION ENDS 9TH JANUARY 2011
Consultation closes 9th January 2011. It was Agreed that Cllr Birks draft a response based on the Parish Council’s previous responses which would be brought to the January 2011 meeting. The Clerk to ask for a two day extension to the deadline.
75. TO RESPOND TO THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT BOUNDARY COMMISSION FOR ENGLAND – ELECTORAL REVIEW OF OXFORDSHIRE
Agreed that the boundaries should be left as they are at the moment subject to creating an additional councillor for Witney
76. TO CONSIDER AN APPROACH TO OXFORD BROOKES UNIVERSITY IN CONJUNCTION WITH HOLTON PARISH COUNCIL RE THE PARKING OF OXFORD BROOKES STUDENTS IN WHEATLEY AND HOLTON.
Mr Peter Oughton, Holton Parish Council, had been invited to attend for this item but unfortunately he was not able to be present.
It was Agreed that the Chairman liaise with Mr Oughton and write a letter to Oxford Brookes pointing out the situation
77. TO CONSIDER THE TRANSFER OF LAND (FORMERLEY TOILET BLOCK LAND) FROM SODC TO THE PARISH COUNCIL – PURCHASE PRICE £1
The Transfer Documents are now ready for signing.
Please note: Cause 11.1.2 prohibits the Parish Council from construction on the piece of land or any part of, or from developing it in any way, without in either case the prior written of SODC. Our solicitor had asked if SODC would dilute this obligation by adding the words’ such consent would not be unreasonably withheld’ at the end of the clause. However SODC has refused to include these words. – Noted
78. REPORTS FROM OUTSIDE BODIES
a) Neighbourhood Action Group – there had been an increase in the amount of graffiti in the village and a substantial increase in car crime, mainly theft of contents of vehicles
b) The Howe Trust – the Woodland Trust are to give 200 tree saplings to be planted next Autumn
c) Merry Bells Management Committee – No report
79. TO CONSIDER MATTERS RELATING TO WHEATLEY PARK SPORTSFIELD MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE
Cllr Bell reported that SODC had still not responded following a site meeting held in May re the re-development of the site.
A working party had been set up to look at possible activities on the Littleworth Road site.
80. CORRESPONDENCE – Noted
i. SODC – Invitation to Town and Parish Council Forum – 10 November 2010. Council Offices, Crowmarsh Gifford, 6.00pm – 9.00pm
ii. BT ‘Race to Infinity’ High Speed Broadband Connection – vote by 31st December 2010 to www.racetoinfinity.bt.com.
iii. Oxfordshire Playing Fields Association – ‘The Playing Field’ Autumn 2010*
iv. Wheatley URC newsletter – November 2010*
* on display in Parish Office
81. CALENDAR OF MEETINGS. – Noted
a) Planning Committee – Wednesday 10th November 2010 – 7.30pm
b) F&GP Committee – Monday 15th November 2010 – 7.30pm
c) Planning Committee – Wednesday 8th December 2010 – 7.30pm
d) F&GP Committee – Monday 13th December – 7.30pm
e) Parish Council – Monday 10th January – 7.30pm
8.37pm The Chairman declared the Council out of session and asked the County Councillor to make her report and the member of the public present to speak.
County Councillor Anne Purse: She had spoken to OCC Highways about the
parking along Waterperry Road.
She had written to SODC re the Core Strategy and its effects on Wheatley.
When the A40 road works had finished she would ask for a noise survey on the
new quieter surface.
In answer to a question when the County Council would be switching off the street lights during the early hours of the morning Cllr Purse said that she understood that the County Council was switching of the lights in batches and Wheatley would be dealt with in due course
8.57pm Cllr Dalton left the meeting
Mr John Reay: reiterated his request for ‘No Parking on the Pavement’ signs
outside the Primary School on Littleworth Road and his request for a light in
Frampton’s Alley (the alley between the Sun Corner on Church Road and the
High Street.). He was told that this had been considered following his last
request but the Council had decided not to pursue the matter.
He was pleased that the Parish Council was requesting that the 103/104 bus
service frequency be retained.
In reply to his question about the use of the former SODC toilet land once the
Parish Council had secured ownership he was told that consultation with the
residents of the village would take place.
9.11pm The Chairman declared the Council back in session.
The meeting closed at 9.11pm