WHEATLEY PARISH COUNCIL
MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF THE PARISH COUNCIL
HELD ON MONDAY 4th MARCH 2013 IN THE MERRY BELLS AT 7.30 PM
PRESENT: Councillors: E.M. Stacey (Chairman), J Reilly, A Knapp, R Bell, C Dalton. E Bailey, G Stephens, D Lamont, J Carr, S Coleridge & J Coveley
OFFICER: Gareth Morris, Clerk to the Parish Council
Also present: County Councillor Anne Purse, and 1 member of the public
88. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE had been received from Cllrs Old, Anderson and Willmott.
89. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST – None
90. MINUTES of the meeting of the Parish Council meeting held on Monday 7th January 2013 which had been circulated previously were signed as a correct and accurate record
91. UPDATE from the meeting held on Monday 7th January 2013
i) Minute 65 (ii) Footway around the Roundhouse – OCC Highways have indicated that this work will not be carried out in this Financial Year – The Parish’s £7,000.00 has been refunded. The Clerk is hopeful that the scheme could be undertaken in the new financial year.
ii) Minute 80(iv) Ambrose Rise ditch – the report that the ditch has been ‘dredged’
Cllr Carr said that there was £70,000 in SODC’s 2013-14 budget for flood prevention work in Wheatley.
iii) Minute 83 – Cllr Bell said he felt that as this was an Advisory Committee to the Parish Council then the Minutes of the meetings should go with the Council’s minutes in the Minute Book
92. THE MINUTES of the meetings of the Planning Committee held on the following dates were received.
i) Wednesday 9th January 2013 – circulated previously
ii) Wednesday 13th February 2013 – circulated previously
The Clerk reported that an amendment to 1 Elm Close application had been submitted which did reduce the side of size of the extension but the Chairman of Planning and the Clerk still felt it was overdevelopment of the site and had recommended refusal, the deadlines had fallen between Planning Committee meetings. The clerk had heard that day that the application had been granted.
93. THE MINUTES of the meetings of the F&GP Committee meeting held on the following dates were received
i) Monday 21st January 2013 – circulated previously
ii) Monday 18th February 2012 – circulated with the Agenda
i) Minute 78(iv) – Cullum Road sandpit – Cllr Bailey reported on the results of the questionnaire. It was hoped to provide a full breakdown of the results at the next Finance meeting
94. TO CONSIDER MATERS RELATING TO ANNUAL RETURN 2012 – 2013 AND
ANNUAL ACCOUNTS 2012-2013
Risk Assessment Action Plan 2013-2014 – The Risk Assessment Action Plan had been circulated. The clerk explained the points on the action plan which were discussed. The Action Plan was approved and signed by the Chairman.
95. TO BE AWARE OF THE FORTHCOMING SODC COMMUNITY GOVERNANCE REVIEW – It was Agreed that the Council should wait until the consultation starts in earnest later in the year before discussing the matter
96. TO RECEIVE A REPORT FROM THE ADVISORY GROUP ON THE YOUTH CAFÉ
Cllr Lamont spoke to his tabled report (copy in Minute Book)on the last meeting of the Advisory Group, which had been attended, by invitation, Jenny Stoker (Maple Tree) and Paul Lawrence of OAYP (Oxfordshire Association for Young People) and Cllr Bell as a substitute for Cllr Stacey.
The Advisory Group felt that the concerns of the County Council were gradually
being satisfactorily addressed eg the name used in publicity. Numbers were low but increasing.
It was felt that OAYP could have a lot to offer, so it was Agreed that the Parish Council should affiliate to the organisation from the new financial year.
The Chairman thanked Councillor Lamont for preparing
8.37pm – The Chairman declared the Council out of session
County Councillor Purse – there was to be a £50m cut in the OCC budget in the coming year. These would particularly hit the elderly.
Having been thwarted in spending her Stewardship money on rebuilding the road humps at the eastern end of the High Street she was now going to get the area in front of the shops and Crown Square re-surfaced. Some of her money would be spent on upgrading Footpath 2, up and over the Howe. She had also been able to get a grit bin for Fairfax Gate
SODC Councillor Janet Carr – SODC council Tax to be reduced by 2.5%. and £500,000 to be put into the Community Investment Fund.
9.00pm – the Chairman declared the Council back in session.
99. TO CONSIDER WRITING TO ORCC RE PROGRESS WHEATLEY’S REQUEST FOR AFFORDABLE HOUSING
It was Agreed to write to ORRC and Sovereign Housing to see if there was a chance of resurrecting the Parish’s for Affordable. Housing.
100. TO CONSIDER A REQUEST TO THE DISTRICT COUNCIL FOR FUNDING FROM THEIR FUND FOR TOWN AND VILLAGE CENTRES
£75,000 had been put in a fund for improvements to the centres of the towns in SODC and the larger villages. SODC Councillors to follow up.
101. REPORTS FROM OUTSIDE BODIES
i) The Merry Bells Management Committee – new ceiling and lighting in the main hall had been installed. Refurbishment the gentlemen’s toilet would follow.
ii) The Howe Trust – 45 extra trees had been planted. A survey of the ash trees revealed non were diseased.
iii) The Park Sports Centre Joint User Group – no meetings had been held but Cllr Lamont reported that there was a new centre manager in post
iv) Thames Valley Police
The clerk reported from the latest TVP newsletter(March)
- No incidents of Anti Social Behaviour in Wheatley in February
- 5 incidents of Theft of/from motor vehicles
- Speed checks would be taking place in the village
- 1 incident of burglary to non dwellings
- Following the break in to a number of churches in the Wheatley area a man has been arrested in connection with some of those offences
102. TO CONSIDER MATTERS RELATING TO WHEATLEY PARK SPORTSFIELD MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE
i) To receive a report of the latest meeting – No meetings had taken place
ii) To consider progress on a new Joint User Agreement – No progress to report
iii) To consider progress on the plans for the new pavilion – No progress to report
It was Agrees that the new Chairman of Governors of the Primary should be written to by Chairman of the Council
It was further Agreed that this item should be placed further up the Agenda.
103. CALENDAR OF MEETINGS. – Noted
i) Planning Committee – Wednesday 13TH March 2013 – 7.30pm
ii) F&GP Committee Monday 18th March 2013 – 7.30pm
iii) TRAC Meeting –Wednesday 27th March – 7.30pm
iv) Planning Committee – Wednesday 10th April 2013 – 7.30pm
v) F&GP Committee – Monday 15th April 2013 – 7.30pm
vi) Planning Committee – Wednesday 8th May 2013 – 7.30pm
vii) Parish Council Meeting – Monday 13th May 2013– 7.30 pm
104. RESOLUTION TO EXCLUDE THE PUBLIC
Cllr Dalton proposed and Cllr Reilly seconded that:
that under Section 100A(4) of the Local Government Act 1972, the public be excluded on the grounds that it involves the likely disclosure of exempt information as defined in paragraph X of Part 1 of Schedule 12A to the Act, namely private contractual and employment matters
This was Agreed unanimously
The meeting closed at 9.50pm after the confidential business had been completed