WHEATLEY PARISH COUNCIL
MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF THE TRAFFIC AND ROADS ADVISORY COMMITTEE (TRAC) OF THE PARISH COUNCIL HELD ON WEDNESDAY 7th JANUARY 2015 IN THE MERRY BELLS HALL AT 7.30 PM
PRESENT: Councillors: R J Reilly (Chairman), Carr, Dalton, Birks, Lamont, Stephens, Coveley and
Officer: The Clerk
Also present: 2 members of the public
47. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE had been received from Cllrs Davies and Stacey and Cty Cllr Purse
48. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST – None
49. MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF 27th November 2014 which had been circulated previously were signed as a correct and accurate record
50. UPDATE ON MINUTES OF 27th November 2014
i) Minute 24(i) – Footway around the Roundhouse and new entrance in to recreation ground – the gate was due to be put in place and the yellow lines were due to be re-instated in January
ii) Minute 24 (ii) – Vehicle speed and Volume measurement (See minute 51 below)
iii) Minute 15(iv) – Land by old toilet block – following OCC’s response that their footway was not wide enough for the corner to be altered it was suggested that further search be made to attempt to find out the ownership of the land between the old SODC toilet block and the highway’s land
51. TO CONSIDER THE PROBLEM OF SPEEDING VEHICLES IN THE VILLAGE
Location and cost of Vehicle Activated Signs
OCC Highways have no objection to the suggested signs on London Road and at the top of Ladder Hill but had said it was unusual to have a sign for vehicles travelling uphill along a heavily traffic calmed road which would apply to a sign at the bottom of Ladder Hill, facing north.
The F&GP Committee on 15th December had agreed that ‘ three vehicle activated devices be purchased. Two for London Road… One for Ladder Hill to be located near the Plant centre for vehicles travelling north’.
Cllr Birks proposed and Cllr Lamont seconded that the F&GP decision be rescinded. This was Agreed by 7 votes in favour and none against with one abstention
The clerk reminded the committee that this could only be done at full council and in accordance with the procedure laid out in Standing Order 39
52. PEDESTRIAN CROSSING AT JUNCTION OF STATION ROAD AND HIGH STREET. No response from Oxfordshire Highways as yet
53. TO CONSIDER THE SAFETY CONCERNS FOR PEDESTRIANS AT THE PARK HILL/LONDON ROAD PEDESTRIAN CROSSINGS. No news of the proposed safety audit as yet
54. TO REPORT ON PROGRESS IN THE ALTERATIONS TO THE BELL LANE/ STATION ROAD JUNCTION
The clerk would contact OCC about starting the work.
55. TO REPORT ON PROGRESS ON THE EXTENSION OF YELLOW LINES ON SOUTH SIDE OF CHURCH ROAD BETWEEN FRIDAY LANE AND HOLLOWAY ROAD. The clerk to speak to Mark Francis (OCC)
56. TO NOTE THE CLOSURE OF FRIDAY LANE FOR UP TO FIVE MONTHS – Noted
Cllr Carr requested that the County Council place a sign on Crown Road warning of the lack of a footpath along Crown Road.
57. TO CONSIDER REQUESTING DROPPED KERBS AT THE TRIANGLE JUNCTION
An e-mail had been received from relatives of a resident in the Triangle Nursing Home about the lack of ‘dropped kerbs’ along London Road and Old London Road. The County Council would charge £2,500 for a ‘pair’. The Clerk to write to the business in the vicinity to see if they would pay for dropped kerbs at their entrances.
58. REQUEST FOR DISABLED PARKING OUTSIDE THE CHEMIST
The committee re-iterated its decision not to request a disabled parking space outside the chemist
59. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – Wednesday 18th February 2015