Wheatley Parish Council provides many open spaces for use by the community including:
- Allotments – in Littleworth (a waiting list is in operation). Other allotment provision is provided along Windmill Lane by the Howe Trust
- Recreation Grounds
– Church Rd on corner of Church Rd and Holloway Rd- climbing frame, swings, balance course, seating, football goals and more
– Coopers Close – small amenity space that will be improved in the coming months
– Cullum Rd climbing frame and slide, swings, spinners, football goal seating and more
– Farm Close Road – swings and seating area. The parish council are looking to make improvements to this area
- Sports Field and pitches at Holton, opposite Wheatley Park School. Football, cricket, rugby and tennis as well as changing facilities and function areas. NB public use available in the evenings, weekends and school holidays. These are managed under a lease with Wheatley Playing Fields Trust
- No dogs – We ask that dogs are not exercised in any of the recreation grounds or on the sports pitches. Wheatley is lucky to have lots of footpaths and bridleways to open countryside, or Shotover Country Park, where dogs can be exercised. Please clear up after your dog and dispose of waste in a bin.
- Other council land
– Village Square – seating area and raised beds
– Littleworth Green – open space next to Littleworth Industrial Estate
– Village Green – on High St
We actively encourage residents to report any issues that they spot. This is best done using FixMyStreet, a webbased portal managed by Oxfordshire County Council.