Home » Minutes » Traffic and Roads Advisory Committee Tuesday 1st July 2014

Traffic and Roads Advisory Committee Tuesday 1st July 2014

WHEATLEY PARISH COUNCIL

MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF THE TRAFFIC AND ROADS ADVISORY COMMITTEE (TRAC) OF THE PARISH COUNCIL HELD ON TUESDAY 1ST JULY 2014 IN THE MERRY BELLS HALL AT 7.30 PM

PRESENT: Councillors: G Birks (Chairman for Item 1), R J Reilly (Chairman item 2 onwards), J Carr, E Bailey, A Davies, D Lamont, C Dalton, G Stephens & R Bell,

Officer: The Clerk

Also present: County Councillor Anne Purse and 6 members of the public

  1. 1. ELECTION OF CHAIRMAN

Cllr Davies – proposed by Cllr Dalton and seconded by Cllr Birks

Cllr Reilly – proposed by Cllr Stephens and seconded by Cllr Carr

In the vote that followed Cllr Davies received 2 votes and Cllr Reilly received 6 votes

Cllr Reilly was therefore declared Chairman of the Committee.

He paid tribute to the work that Cllr Birks had done in her time as Chairman of the Committee

  1. 2. ELECTION OF VICE-CHAIRMAN

Cllr Davies – proposed by Cllr Stephens and seconded by Cllr Lamont

There being no further nominations Cllr Davies was declared Vice-Chairman of the Committee.

  1. 3. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE HAD BEEN RECEIVED FROM Cllrs Stacey and Coveley

  1. 4. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST – None

  1. 5. MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF 29TH JANUARY 2014 which had been  circulated previously were signed as a correct and accurate record

  1. 6. UPDATE ON MINUTES

i)        Minute 31(ii) – Footway around the Roundhouse

SODC had promised that the yellow lines would be reinstated

None of the 3 companies asked to tender to provide the new entrance had replied by the deadline given

ii)        Minute 31iii) Vehicle speed and Volume measurement

Following a further request from the Clerk, the Area Steward said that arrangements would be put in place for September when the schools and Brookes University had returned.

iii)        Minute 31(iv) – Use of TVP’s Speed Indicator Device.

Cllr Lamont reported that the SID was now repaired and he was looking for volunteers for the new dates

It was agreed that TVP be asked to undertake a high visibility speed check operation across the village.

iv)     Minute 31(v) – Clerk to contact Gavan Ring re the hedge on Church Rd.

v)     Minute 33 – SODC Civil Parking enforcement – Cllr Carr to contact the officers concerned

7.  TO CONSIDER THE PROBLEM OF SPEEDING VEHICLES IN THE VILLAGE

Vehicle Activated DevicesCllrs Reilly and Davies would investigate suitable locations.

8. PEDESTRIAN CROSSING ON LADDER HILL BY THE CO-OP.

Following discussion it was Agreed to write to OCC Highway stating that the Parish   council requires a pedestrian crossing, on the grounds of safety. In the vicinity of the

Co-op store on Station Road/Ladder Hill

9.  TO CONSIDER THE RESOLUTION FROM CLLR LAMONT (referred from Parish Council meeting 12th May 2014)

to consider changing the use of the area known as “ the old Toilet  block” from its current state to create a delivery and additional parking area for the shops and customers and to seek OCC highways advice as to how this could best be achieved.

Following discussion it was agreed to approach OCC Highways and ask for their advice on what might be allowed on the land

10. TO CONSIDER ALTERATIONS TO THE BELL LANE /STATION ROAD JUNCTION

In response to a request from the clerk for a more specific plan on what was being suggested Mr Francis had replied that he “wasn’t prepared to spend too much time on this as there was not confirmation of funding”.

It was agreed that the clerk ask for the cost of preparing plans for the proposed scheme.

11.  DATE OF NEXT MEETING – Wednesday 3rd September 2014