Update on High St parking enforcement 13.07.2022
Wheatley Neighbourhood Plan
Thank you to everyone who shared their comments. These are now being reviewed.
Wheatley & Holton Play & Activity Day 2022
What a great day! Thank you to everyone involved and to everyone who came along and joined in.
#46 Bus Service for Wheatley, Littleworth and Horspath to Oxford
Oxfordshire County Council and Oxford Bus Company have announced that from 20th June the #46 bus route will be expanded, to take in Great Milton will now terminate in Oxford City. The service will also continue seven days a week and will offer an evening service.
Concessionary bus passes will be accepted, as normal. A timetable is available from their website.
Several families from Ukraine have arrived in Wheatley and are exploring the village.
- Individuals, charities, community groups and businesses can now record their interest in supporting Ukrainians fleeing the war through the government’s new Homes for Ukraine scheme https://www.gov.uk/…/homes-for-ukraine-scheme-launches
- You can donate to the Disasters Emergency Committee Ukrainian Appeal using this link https://www.dec.org.uk/…
- Wheatley Refugee Support Group are working closely with Oxford Charities such as Sanctuary Hosting (sanctuaryhosting.org) Refugee Resource (refugeeresource.org.uk ) and Asylum Welcome (asylum-welcome.org) in collecting much needed supplies, but also to support residents and local agencies in supporting any Ukrainians who are able to seek refuge in Wheatley.https://www.facebook.com/Wheatley-Refugee-Support…/about
- Wheatley Area Churches are continuing to offer support to displaced and vulnerable families overseas.
It is warming to hear that so many of you are already helping and supporting where you can.
90 years of Wheatley Parish Council
The first meeting of Wheatley Parish Council took place on 3rd March 1932 and has continued to support the village for 90 years.
To mark the occasion the parish council will be organising a range of events and activities including:
- Sharing snippets from the parish council archives – follow us on our Facebook page for full details
- March – Celebratory cake before the meeting on 7th March
- November/December – Community tree planting event on Playing Fields
Please visit our dedicated page for Coronavirus (COVID-19) for advice, support and information
Latest Wheatley Newsletter
Wheatley Parish Council Strategy 2019-2023
The parish council has written a Strategic Plan, highlighting issues and how councillors will address them over the next few years.
The plan will be reviewed at each meeting and will be updated annually.
Also available – Free Wheelie Bin Stickers
Free 20 and 30mph Wheelie Bin Stickers – help raise awareness of the speed limits on your roads by placing stickers on your wheelie bins.
Stickers are available to collect from the parish office, High St.