Follolwing the resignation of Cllr Lawrence we now have a vacancy for one councillor. You can view the formal notice using this link.
If you would like to become a parish councillor, please check out our dedicated page for details on eligibility and how to apply.
Signing up to Civility and Respect Pledge
Wheatley Parish Council have signed the Civility and Respect Pledge, affirming now is the time to put Civility and Respect at the Top of the Agenda and start a culture change for the local council sector.
Celebrating Volunteer Awards 2022
Thank you to everyone who nominated a volunteer for the inaugural awards. The awards were presented at a small event on Friday 7th October 2022.
Awards were presented to:
- Val Farmer – Unsung Hero winner with highly commended awards given to Cyril Newton, David Green, Frances Simpson and Kath Lamont
- Caroline Dalton – Long standing volunteer, with highly commended awards given to Cyril Newton, Frances Simpson and Kath Lamont
- Jane Cotton – Supporter of Green Spaces with highly commended award to Malcolm Benson
- Michelle Qume – Neighbour of the Year, with highly commended award to Cyril Newton
#46 Bus Service for Great Milton, Wheatley, Littleworth and Horspath to Oxford
Oxfordshire County Council and Oxford Bus Company have announced that from 20th June the #46 bus route will be expanded, to take in Great Milton will now terminate in Oxford City. The service will also continue seven days a week and will offer an evening service.
Concessionary bus passes will be accepted, as normal. A timetable is available from their website.
90 years of Wheatley Parish Council
The first meeting of Wheatley Parish Council took place on 3rd March 1932 and has continued to support the village for 90 years.
To mark the occasion the parish council will be organising a range of events and activities including:
- November/December – Community tree planting event on Playing Fields, more details to follow in the coming days
Please visit our dedicated page for Coronavirus (COVID-19) for advice, support and information
Latest Wheatley Newsletter
Wheatley Parish Council Strategy 2019-2023
The parish council has written a Strategic Plan, highlighting issues and how councillors will address them over the next few years.
The plan will be reviewed at each meeting and will be updated annually.
Also available – Free Wheelie Bin Stickers
Free 20 and 30mph Wheelie Bin Stickers – help raise awareness of the speed limits on your roads by placing stickers on your wheelie bins.
Stickers are available to collect from the parish office, High St.