WHEATLEY PARISH COUNCIL
About Wheatley Parish Council
There are fifteen Councillors serving on the Parish Council and the Clerk to the Council is Michelle Legg.
Who are they? Details of all your Councillors are available here.
What does the council do?
The council is the third tier of local government working for the benefit of the local community. It has some statutory duties and powers to enable it to carry out its work. Please refer to specific pages of this site for further details.
Wheatley Parish Council employs four part time employees (Clerk, Assistant Clerk and Outdoor Workers).
The parish council provides/maintains:
- three recreation grounds and play areas
- memorial garden,
- allotment (Littleworth)
- some footpaths and other open spaces
- some bus stops, seats and benches
- grant scheme for local organisations
- support to residents, organisations and charities within, or supporting the wider community
When does the council meet? The Parish Council meets every month on the first Monday (except when a Bank Holiday, then it is the second Monday), and there is no meeting in Aug.
Dates for all the meetings are available here.