Wheatley Parish Council
MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF THE FINANCE & GENERAL PURPOSES COMMITTEE OF THE COUNCIL HELD ON MONDAY 15th October 2012 IN THE PARISH OFFICE AT 7.30PM
PRESENT: Councillors: J Reilly (in the Chair), S Coleridge, E Bailey, E Stacey, R Old & R Bell
OFFICER THE CLERK: Gareth Morris
MEMBERS HAD BEEN REMINDED BY MEANS OF THE AGENDA THAT IF THEY HAD AN INTEREST TO DECLARE IN ANY AGENDA ITEM, THEY SHOULD DO SO IN ADVANCE OF THE MEETING IN THE BOOK PROVIDED FOR THIS PURPOSE
47. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE had been received from Cllrs J Carr, J Anderson & G Birks
48. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST – Cllr Bailey declared an interest in agenda Item 10(iii) (Minute 56(iii)) as the applicant was a neighbour.
49. MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING HELD 17th SEPTEMBER 2012 which had been circulated previously were signed as a correct and accurate record with the following correction
Minute 48 Date of Next Meeting – Change ‘17th September” to “15 September”
50. UPDATE ON ITEMS FROM THE MINUTES 17TH SEPTEMBER 2012
(i) Minute 37(iii) – gully clearing. Cllr Bell had carried out a survey of Ladder Hill and 9 of the 18 gullies were blocked. London Road, Holloway Road and Park Hill, High Street, Crown Road and Roman Road would also be surveyed and the results given to the clerk so they could be forwarded to the County Council. The Parish Council could volunteer to pay for these gullies to be cleared if the County refused to come out
(ii) Minute 37(vi) – Footway around the Roundhouse – Cheque for £7,000 had been sent off. No start date for the work had been given. NOTED
(iii) Minute 37(v) – Request from Village Archives to use Parish Council wi-fi. The clerk had asked a computer consultant to give the Parish computer a health check and at the same time advise on the wi-fi provision. His advice was that a new, modern dual router be purchased so that the Archives could use one of the ‘channels’ whilst the Parish Council would the other. This would add to security. The consultant would furnish the clerk with a price.
51. TO RECEIVE AN UPDATE ON PROGRESS ON THE PARISH COUNCIL’S PROJECT TO PROVIDE TWO EVENINGS YOUTH PROVISION AT THE YOUTH CENTRE
The Advisory Group had met and decided that the two evenings would be Sunday and Wednesdays. The memorandum of Understanding had been signed and returned.
The likely start date would be 14th November.
The clerk had discussed with Fusion how equipment etc could be purchased and the VAT claimed back.
There were still issues such as key holders and risk assessment by the Centre of activities to be sorted out.
A ‘Big Society’ evaluation form had been received from the County Council showing the progress so far on the project.
52. TO CONSIDER A REVISED BUDGET FOR 2012-13 AND THE BUDGET 2013-2014
See enclosed paper from Cllr Bell
i) To receive a report on the briefing meeting held at SODC offices and the changes to the way Council Tax benefit is funded. The clerk reported that the Government had changed the Legislation so there would now be no effect on Parish Councils’ precepts.
ii) To consider revised budget for 2012-13 and 2013-2014 budget
The budget proposals suggested by Cllr Bell were discussed.
- Gully clearing – in the first instance the County Council to be asked to pay
- Use of toilet land – £1,000 had been allocated for fees a High Street scheme
- Grass cutting of recreation grounds – put out to tender – increase in cost + £1,000?
- New entrance into Church Road Recreation Ground – £7,000?
- Cullum Road Recreation Ground – vire the £5,000 earmarked for the Youth Shelter
- New pavilion in Holton – allocate a further £10,000 to the project?
- Tree work within the village – increase from £3,000 to £4,000
- Review of Parish Council website – unknown
- Production of Neighbourhood Plan – unknown
The Clerk reminded the Committee that next financial year the cost of funding the two nights at the Family Centre would be around £12,000
53. TO CONSIDER THE RECENT FLOODING IN THE VILLAGE AND THE MAINTENANCE OF THE AMBROSE RISE/CROWN ROAD DITCH
Agreed that the maintenance to the trees at the southern end of the footpath be undertaken.
The clerk to ask Dave Baldwin of Monson Ltd for two boxes of ‘Aquasacs’ and advice on ‘dredging’ the ditch.
54. TO BEGIN PLANNING FOR THE REPLACEMENT OF THE SAND PIT IN CULLUM ROAD RECREATION GROUND
Residents to be invited, in the next newsletter, to help themselves to the sand from the sandpit and then to offer it on ‘Freecycle’
It was Agreed that Cllrs Bailey and Bell plus Anderson (if willing) would look at possible use for the land freed up. .
55. TO AGREE THE NEXT STAGE IN CREATING THE NEW PEDESTRIAN ACCESS INTO CHURCH ROAD RECREATION GROUND
Agreed that the Clerk would contact Mr Simon Shew, who had devised a draft design earlier in the year
56. CLERK UPDATE
i) Gate across Muddy Lane – The clerk had received correspondence from the Land Registry via a resident that that nobody was Registered as owner of the track. The clerk to check with the OCC Countryside team to see if it could be made into a public footpath.
ii) To consider providing a Christmas tree for the village. Cost approx £163 – Agreed
iii) OCC Consultation on providing a Disabled Persons Parking Place (DPPP) outside 3 Bell Lane
Agreed – no objection
iv) Reply from Chief Fire Officer – Noted
v) Request from Wheatley Park School for tasks for years’ 12/13 Community Day – 25th October
It was suggested that the War Memorial could be cleaned in time for Remembrance Sunday
57. GRANTS, LICENCES AND SUBSCRIPTIONS
i) Ordnance Survey licence £65.70 – Agreed
ii) Royal British Legion – wreath (£40 last year) – £40 Agreed
58. TO RESPOND TO A RESIDENT’S REQUEST TO CONSIDER PURSUING ULTRA FAST BROADBAND IN THE VILLAGE – Deferred to next meeting
59. FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT
a) The budget to end of September 2012 had been circulated with the Agenda & the completed copy of the reconciled bank statement was signed by the Chairman & RFO
After the cheques below had been paid the balances on the council’s accounts as at
15th October 2012 would be as follows: Community £3,102.49
60. SCHEDULE OF PAYMENTS AUTHORISED
|Cheque no.||Payee||Payment details||Amount|
|d/d||Barclays bank||Bank charges 13.8 to 12.9||33.10|
|105572||WPSFMC||Additional payment for 2012-13||2,092.86|
|105573||OCC Highways||Footway round the Roundhouse||7,000.00|
|105574||Thames Water||Memorial Gardens||6.14|
|Cheques to Pay|
|105582||WPSFMC||2nd Quarterly payment||2,000.00|
|105583||D Lamont||Mileage to SODC – 20/9||17.02|
|105585||K Watts||Allotment clearance||720.00|
|105586||Lyreco Ltd||Photocopier paper||51.48|
|105587||Ordnance Survey||Map copying licence||65.70|
|105588||Berinsfield Community Business||Verges & recs grass cutting Sept||863.64|
|105589||Southern Electric||Electricity -6.7.12-4.10.12||65.00|
|105590||Royal British Legion||Wreath for Remembrance Day||40.00|
|105591||Acanthus Clews||Holton Sports pavilion||3,600.00|
INCOME RECEIVED SINCE LAST MEETING
|SODC precept 2nd instalment||52,304.50|
|OCC recharge – for verges||3,463.44|
|Interest – Treasury Deposit||24.62|
|Interest – Tracker||13.11|
61. PUBLICATIONS & CORRESPONDENCE RECEIVED – Noted
- i. The Haseleys – Newsletter October 2012*
- ii. Little Milton Newsletter October 2012*
- iii. Great Milton Bulletin October 2012*
- iv. Holton, Waterperry & Waterstock News – October 2012*
- v. Tiddington with Albury & Milton Common – October/November newsletter*
- vi. URC Newsletter October 2012*
- vii. Tree News – Autumn/Winter 2012*
- viii. TVP Wheatley Neighbourhood Team newsletter October 2012*
- ix. Oxfordshire playing Fields Association – ‘The Playing Field’ Autumn 2012
* On display in Parish Office
62. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – 19th November 2012 – Noted
Then I found out about Accutane Online on “valtrexlab.com“, and I was able to control herpes. At least, I was able to protect myself from unpleasant surprises when I took it in advance of the big event.
The meeting closed at 10.00pm