WHEATLEY PARISH COUNCIL
MINUTES OF THE EXTRA ORDINARY MEETING OF THE PARISH COUNCIL
HELD ON MONDAY 18TH JUNE 2012 IN THE MERRY BELLS AT 8.00 PM
PRESENT: Councillors: E.M. Stacey (Chairman), J Reilly. R Old,
G. Anderson, A Knapp, R Bell, C Dalton. E Bailey, S Coleridge & J Coveley
OFFICER: Gareth Morris, Clerk to the Parish Council
Also present: County Councillor Anne Purse
22. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE had been received from P Willmott and G Birks
23. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST – None
24. MINUTES OF THE AGM AND ORDINARY MEETING HELD 0N 14TH MAY2012 were signed as a correct and accurate after Cllr Anderson’s initial had been changed from ‘G’ to ‘J’ in Minute
25. TO RECEIVE THE FINAL ACOUNTS FOR THE FINANCIAL YEAR 2011-2012
i) To approve and sign the final accounts for the financial year 2011-2012
ii) To receive and approve SECTIONS 1 (Statement of Accounts) and SECTION 2 (Annual Governance Statement) OF THE ANNUAL RETURN FOR THE FINANCIAL YEAR 2011 -2012
The papers for the final accounts (Detailed Balance Sheet, Income and Expenditure Account, Budget Statement, Bank Reconciliation and Notes to the Accounts) had been distributed previously. As had Sections 1 and 2 of the Annual Return 2011-2012 and the papers titled ‘Review of Parish Council Funds’ and ‘Internal Control and Management of Risk’ (Review of Internal Audit).
The clerk went through the various papers explaining the figures and answering questions. A revised section 1 of the Annual Return was distributed which also showed that the Internal Auditor, who had paid his annual visit that afternoon had ‘signed off’ Section 2 of the Annual Return.
The Council went through Section 2 of the Annual Return, Annual Governance Statement and answered ‘Yes’ to all the questions.
Cllr Reilly proposed and Cllr Coveley seconded that the final accounts for the financial year 2011-2012 be approved and signed and that Sections 1 & 2 of the Annual Return be received, approved and signed. This was Agreed unanimously
The clerk that he had received the Internal Auditors report just before the meeting started. There were no major recommendations made. The report would be circulated to all councillors and discussed at the council meeting on 2nd July.
26. TO ADOPT A CODE OF CONDUCT FOR THE PARISH COUNCIL by passing the following resolution:
- the code of conduct adopted by the South Oxfordshire District Council be adopted as the code for members and co-opted members of the [Name of parish/town council] Parish/Town [delete as necessary] Council with effect from 1 July 2012, or such other date as may be specified in regulations, to replace the current code of conduct; and
- the clerk be requested to notify the monitoring officer of the South Oxfordshire District Council of the passing of the above resolution”
The resolution was proposed by Cllr Bell and seconded by Cllr Dalton and Agreed unanimously
27. TO AGREE TO;
i) SIGN THE AMENDED FUNDING AGREEMENT WITH OXFORDSHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL RELATING TO THE BIG SOCIETY FUND (previously circulated)
Cllr Bell reported on the meeting held between Parish Councillors, clerk and officers of the County Council to look at the agreement between the two councils in the light of the fact the Parish Council wished to sub-contract the project to Fusion Youth and Community.
As a result the County Council had issued a new Agreement which was now before the meeting. Cllr Bell outlined the differences with original agreement. It was felt that there were no major differences between the two documents.
Cllr Bell proposed and Cllr Coveley seconded that the document be signed by the Chairman and Vice Chairman. This was Agreed unanimously.
The clerk would now contact the County Council to say the Parish Council were ready to sign the agreement so that the County could send out a non draft copy to be signed.
Also permission was to be asked of the County Council, under paragraph 9.2 of the Agreement, to sub contract the project to Fusion Youth and Community UK.
ii) SIGN THE SERVICE AGREEMENT BETWEEN THE PARISH COUNCIL AND FUSION YOUTH AND COMMUNITY
As a result of the meeting held with County Council officers and the new draft Agreement, Cllr Bell had redrafted The Service Agreement and Schedules to reflect what had been said and drawn up.
A meeting had been held between representatives of Fusion, and Cllrs Stacey, Reilly and Bell to discuss the changes. The representatives of Fusion had taken the document away but it was felt that they would have no objections to the changes made.
Cllr Dalton proposed and Cllr Coveley seconded the Service Agreement and Schedules be signed by the Parish Council. This was Agreed unanimously
ii) TO CONSIDER SETTING UP AN ADVISORY COMMITTEE AS PER CLLR BELL’S RESOLUTION DEFERRED FROM LAST MEETING
Under Section 3 of Schedule 3 of the Service Agreement a monitoring committee, set up as an Advisory Committee, would be set up.
Cllr Bell had proposed the following resolution which had been deferred from the last meeting, so that the position of the County Council could be clarified.
“To set up an Advisory Committee under Standing Order 56(a) of the Parish Council’s Standing Orders to monitor, investigate and promote facilities for young people of the village between the ages of 11 & 17.The committee to consist of three parish councillors, two representatives from Fusion Youth & Community(Fusion) and one member of the public with teenage children and experience of youth work. To be known as ‘The Youth Facilities Advisory Committee’.
Terms of reference:
- To act as the monitoring committee for the Youth Club activities now to be carried out by Fusion in accordance with the agreement signed with them.
- To carry out detailed research into the needs and aspirations of young residents of the village and to investigate possible areas of land where these activities might take place.
- To do this by organising a house to house survey throughout the village of all residents.
- The committee to form a Steering Group of interested villagers, including the young people concerned, to undertake this work
- To report back to the Parish Council on the results and recommendations for action within the next twelve months.”
The resolution was Agreed unanimously
28. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – MONDAY 2nd July 2011 – Noted
9.00pm The Chairman declared the Council out of session.
County Councillor Anne Purse – she said that she was having a meeting with Mr Keith Stenning, Area Steward OCC Highways, in the village next Wednesday and she suggested that they come to the office for a brief meeting on issues such as the footway around the Round House
9.20pm The Chairman declared the Council back in session and the meeting closed
The meeting closed at 9.20pm