WHEATLEY PARISH COUNCIL
MINUTES OF THE ORDINARY MEETING OF THE PARISH COUNCIL
HELD ON MONDAY 7th MARCH 2011 IN THE MERRY BELLS AT 7.30 pm
PRESENT: Councillors: R J Reilly (Chairman), G. Birks, R. T .Bell, C Sprent,
S Coleridge, M Fyffe (from 8.47pm), J Coveley, E Stacey, C Dalton & A Knapp
OFFICER: Gareth Morris, Clerk to the Parish Council
ALSO PRESENT: County Cllr Anne Purse and PCSO Cooney
- 100. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE had been received from Cllrs Messenger, Devlin & Coleridge. Cllr Fyffe would be late
- 101. MINUTES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD ON 10th JANUARY 2011 circulated with this Agenda were signed as a correct and accurate record with the following amendments:
i) Minute 84(i) 6th line – change ‘an’ to ‘on’
ii) Minute 88 4th line – insert ‘seconded’ between ‘Fyffe’ and ‘that’.
- 102. MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD ON 10TH JANUARY 2011
i) Minute 92 – Space in Wheatley Churchyard – The Clerk reported that he had been informed by OALC that a parish council does not have a ‘duty’ to provide a cemetery
- 103. THE MINUTES of the meetings of the Planning Committee held on the following dates were a received.
i) Wednesday 12th January 2011, circulated previously
ii) Wednesday 9th February 2011 circulated previously
- 104. THE MINUTES of the meetings of the F&GP Committee meeting held on the following dates were received:
i) Monday 24th, January 2011 previously circulated
ii) Monday 21ST February 2011, circulated with the Agenda
- 105. TO APPOINT MR P HOOD AS THE PARISH COUNCIL’S INDEPENDENT INTERNAL AUDITOR
Mr Hood had been recommended as Internal Auditor by Mr Rollinson the previous Internal Auditor. Mr Hood, who is the Internal Auditor for a number of neighbouring parishes had sent his letter of engagement.
Cllr Bell proposed and Cllr Carr seconded that Mr Hood be appointed Independent Internal Auditor for the Parish Council Agreed Unanimously
- 106. TO CONSIDER MATERS RELATING TO ANNUAL RETURN 2010 – 2011 AND ANNUAL ACCOUNTS 2010-2011.
(i) Review of Internal Audit Procedures – these had been circulated with the Agenda – Cllr Reilly proposed and Cllr carr proposed that the Review be adopted – Agreed Unanimously
(ii) Risk Assessment Action Plan 2010-2011 The Action plan had been circulated with the Agenda. Cllr Reilly proposed and Cllr Dalton Seconded that the Action be adopted. Agreed Unanimously
- 107. TO NOTE THAT THE 2011 PARISH COUNCIL ELECTIONS WILL BE HELD ON THURSDAY 5TH MAY 2011. NOMINATIONS HAVE TO BE DELIVERED IN PERSON TO SODC OFFICES BY NOON ON MONDAY 4TH APRIL 2011
Nomination forms could be obtained from the Parish Clerk
- 108. TO CONSIDER A RESPONSE TO Local Government Boundary Commission’S Electoral review of Oxfordshire
Following discussion of Cllr Bell’s paper at the F&GP meeting held on 21st February the Committee agreed to recommend to full council that the Parish Council’s response should be that the Wheatley Ward should include: Wheatley, Holton, Forest Hill, Garsington and Cuddesdon.
Cllr Dalton proposed and Cllr Birks seconded that the recommendation of the Finance and General Purposes Committee be adopted. This was Agreed
- 109. 10. TO CONSIDER CONSULTATION DOCUMENTS FROM OCC & SODC
i) OCC – Revised Household Waste Recycling Centre Strategy for Oxfordshire
See www.oxfordshire.gov.uk/waste. – Refer to Finance and General Purposes Committee
ii) SODC – Off street parking Order 2011 – Church Road Car park – No charge – for max 4 hours parking 9am to 5pm Mondays to Fridays – Noted
8.30pm The Chairman declared the Council out of session and invited contributions from the floor
PCSO Cooney – PCSO Cooney gave an update on the recent crime statistics for Wheatley. In answer to a question from the floor he confirmed that the Police do patrol regularly along Old London Road.
County Councillor Anne Purse – reported on the Recycling Centre review. The Thornhill Park and Ride extension could take place in 2012. She was also pressing the County Council to repair the potholes and damaged pavements in Wheatley
8.47pm Cllr Fyffe joined the meeting
District Cllr Carr – said there would be a Parish Council forum on the Localism Bill after the elections. Also the Oxfordshire green Belt network and the CPRE are behind the Parish Council in trying to prevent development in the Green Belt (save for Affordable Housing.
8.50pm The Chairman declared the Council back n session
- 110. REPORTS FROM OUTSIDE BODIES
a) Neighbourhood Action Group – This body had now folded. Community Police officers would now be attending more parish Council meetings
b) The Howe Trust – Cllr Dalton reported that one of the Parish Council representatives had resigned so a new one needed to be appointed at the Parish Council AGM.
Also the Trust had planted its first memorial tree
c) Merry Bells Management Committee – Cllr Carr reported that the central heating system needed to be upgraded
- 111. TO CONSIDER MATTERS RELATING TO WHEATLEY PARK SPORTSFIELD MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE
Cllr Bell spoke to his report that had been tabled
- 112. CALENDAR OF MEETINGS – NOTED
a) Planning Committee – Wednesday 9th 2011 – 7.30pm
b) F&GP Committee – Monday 21st March – 7.30pm
c) TRAC – Wednesday 30th March – 7.00pm
d) Annual Parish Meeting – Monday 4th April – 7.30pm
e) Planning Committee – Wednesday 13th April 2011 – 7.30pm
f) F&GP Committee – Monday 18th April 2011 – 7.30pm
g) Parish Council Annual General Meeting – Monday 16th May 2011– 7.30pm
- 113. RESOLUTION TO EXCLUDE THE PUBLIC
Cllr Carr proposed and Cllr Birks seconded that “Under Section 100A(4) of the Local Government Act 1972, the public be excluded on the grounds that it involves the likely disclosure of exempt information as defined in paragraph X of Part 1 of Schedule 12A to the Act, namely private contractual and employment matters” Agreed Nem Con
- 114. THE MINUTES OF THE CONFIDENTIAL SESSION HELD DURING THE MEETING OF THE F&GP COMMITTEE ON 24TH JANUARY 2011 were received
- 115. THE MINUTES OF THE CONFIDENTIAL SESSION HELD DURING THE MEETING OF THE F&GP COMMITTEE ON 21ST FEBRUARY 2011 were received
The meeting Closed at 9.17pm