WHEATLEY PARISH COUNCIL
MINUTES OF THE EXTRA ORDINARY MEETING OF THE PARISH COUNCIL
HELD ON MONDAY 2ND JULY 2012 IN THE MERRY BELLS AT 8.00 PM
PRESENT: Councillors: E.M. Stacey (Chairman), J Reilly. R Old, J. Anderson,
A Knapp, R Bell, C Dalton. E Bailey from 7.45pm), S Coleridge & J Coveley
OFFICER: Gareth Morris, Clerk to the Parish Council
Also present: County Councillor Anne Purse and 12 members of the public
29. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE had been received from Cllrs Birks and Willmott
30. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST – None
31. MINUTES of the meeting of the Extra Ordinary Parish Council of Monday 18th June 2012 circulated with this Agenda were signed as a correct and accurate record after the following amendments had been made.
i) Page 1 – Present: change “G Anderson” to “J Anderson”
ii) Page 1 – Minute 25 – Add “ These had been recommended by F&GP”
iii) Page 2 – Minute 27(iii) – Last sentence of the penultimate paragraph – replace ”it was felt” with “indicated”
iv) Page 3 – Minute 27 – change (ii) in the top line to (iii)
v) Page 3 – Minute 27(iii) – 2nd paragraph, 3rd line – change ”11 & 17” to “10 & 19”
32. UPDATE from the meeting held on Monday 14th May 2012
i) Minute 13(iib) page 4 Offer of affordable housing land
The clerk reported that he had received a telephone call from a resident living near on the London Road near Asda saying that they were extremely unhappy that the Parish Council had passed a resolution on the issue which was not on the Agenda. Also the resident reported that at the start of June following torrential rain that part of the village suffered a 16 hour power outage which affected the pumps at the sewage works. This emphasises the vulnerability of the area to flooding and further housing development in that area is likely to exacerbate the problem. NOTED
33. UPDATE from the Extra Ordinary Meeting held on Monday 18th June 2012
i) Minute 26 – Code of Conduct – please find enclosed with this Agenda ‘A guide to the standards regime effective from 1st July 2012’
The clerk had received the ‘Register of Interests’ form and circulated to the Councillors present.
ii) Minute 27(i),(ii) & (iii) – Provision 2 nights per week at the Youth Centre
A meeting between the Parish Council, Fusion, the Maple Tree Centre OCC and other interested parties was to be held on 17th July. Cllrs Stacey and Carr to attend.
7.45pm Cllr Bailey joined the meeting
34. THE MINUTES of the meeting of the Planning Committee held on:
Wednesday 13th June 2012 which had been circulated with the agenda were received:
i) Minute 15(ii) – A report on the site meeting on Windmill Lane was given. SODC’s Enforcement Officer would welcome any information about the unlawful use of the site. He also expressed concerns about the bunds that owner seemed to be making along the boundary with the public footpath.
35. THE MINUTES of the meeting of the F&GP Committee meetings held on
Monday 18th June 2012 which had been circulated with the Agenda were received
a) Minute 8 – Bollards along Church – site meeting with Arriva Bus Company – still to be arranged
b) Minute 9 – Footway around the Roundhouse – No information as yet from the County Council
36. REPRESENTATIVES TO OUTSIDE BODIES
i) Wheatley Sportsfield Management Committee – the clerk reported that he had written to Mr Edson asking if he wished to remain on the committee but no reply had been received. It was agreed that a replacement be chosen at the next meeting.
ii) Wheatley Charities – the clerk reported that he had misunderstood Mr Targett’s intention. Mr Targett intends to resign next year (2013) when his term comes to and end. The clerk apologised to Cllr Bailey for the mistake.
37. TO RECEIVE AND NOTE THE REPORT OF THE INTERNAL AUDITOR, MR PHILLIP HOOD
The Parish Council Agreed to receive the report and note the points made.
38. TO CONSIDER A RESPONSE TO THE CONSULTATION ON THE ELECTORAL REVIEW OF SOUTH OXFORDSHIRE BEING CARRIED OUT BY THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT BOUNDARY COMMISSION
The proposal is to reduce the number of SODC Councillors to 36, twelve fewer than at present. They are asking for evidence about the local area to help decide the pattern of wards for the whole district.
After a short discussion it was Agreed to refer the issue to the next F&GP Committee
8.30pm The Chairman declared the Council out of session
County Councillor Anne Purse – As the planning application for the extension of the Horspath is her ward of Forest Hill she had ‘called in’ the application. It would now appear before the SODC Planning Committee.
There were a number of speakers on the application for the extension of the Horspath reservoir at the top of Old Road all of whom were raising queries or objections for example:
- Problems of dust, noise and fumes
- Old Road could not cope with the amount of traffic forecast
- Issues of pedestrian safety – especially school children
- Congestion caused along the route, especially at the Sun corner and Littleworth Rd
- Damage to roads and property along the route – especially the listed buildings
- What about the weight limit through the village
- Will the village receive recompense – Section 278 money for tha footway around the Roundhouse
- What will be the effect on traders?
- Have alternative routes been thoroughly investigated?
- Have alternative sites been investigated.
9.15 The Chairman declared the Council back in session
39. TO CONSIDER THE APPLICATION FOR THE EXTENSION OF HORSPATH RESERVOIR ON OLD ROAD P12/S1147/FUL Land Adjacent to Horspath Reservoir Old Road Wheatley (in the parish of Forest Hill) Construction of new reservoir ‘cell’ on land adjacent to existing Horspath reservoir. Erection of sampling kiosk and ICA kiosk, new fencing, CCTV security camera, and pole and provision of associated landscaping, access and associated works.
the Parish Council had not received official notification of the application but according to the SODC website the end of consultation date is stated as the 18th June and the decision date is stated as 13th August
Following the comments made during the Open Forum and in the discussion in full council, Cllr Dalton proposed and Cllr Coveley seconded that the Parish Council should recommend to SODC that the application be refused. This was Agreed by 12 votes in favour with 0 against and 1 abstention.
40. TO CONSIDER A REQUEST FROM FUSION YOUTH AND COMMUNITY TO USE CHURCH ROAD RECREATION GROUND ON 31ST JULY (7PM -9PM), 1ST AUGUST, (7PM -9PM) AND 2ND AUGUST (3PM -9PM) AND CULLUM ROAD RECREATION GROUND 31ST JULY (1PM-4PM) AND 1ST AUGUST (1PM-4PM)
This was Agreed
41. REPORTS FROM OUTSIDE BODIES
i) The Merry Bells Management Committee – No meeting
ii) The Howe Trust – a wetland area had been successfully provided
iii) The Park Sports Centre Joint User Group – No meeting
42. TO CONSIDER MATTERS RELATING TO WHEATLEY PARK SPORTSFIELD MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE
Cllr Willmott gave a verbal report
43. FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT
a) A completed copy of reconciled bank statement was signed by Chairman & RFO
After the cheques below have been paid the balances on the council’s accounts as at 2nd July will be as follows:
: Community £3,731.25
SCHEDULE OF PAYMENTS AUTHORISED
|Thames Valley Air Ambulance
|Cheques to Pay
|Barclays Bank Ltd
|2nd Quarterly Payment
|Memorial Gardens -07.03-18.06
|Berinsfield Community Business
|Verges and recs May2012
INCOME RECEIVED SINCE LAST MEETING
45. CORRESPONDENCE – RECEIVED AND NOTED
(i) Shotover Preservation Society – Summer Newsletter 2012
(ii) Wheatley URC Newsletter – July August 2012*
46. CALENDAR OF MEETINGS. – NOTED
i) Planning Committee – Wednesday 11th July 2012 – 7.30pm
ii) Planning Committee – Wednesday 15th August 2012 – 7.30pm
iii) F&GP Committee – Monday 20th August 2012 – 7.30pm
iv) Parish Council Meeting – Monday 3rd September 2011– 7.30 pm
v) Date for a Councillor ‘walkabout’
Tuesday 10th July – 6.30pm – meet outside Merry Bells
Tuesday 24th July – 6.30pm
Meeting Closed 9.50pm